Forum sponsored by CML

Cooo…! Look what the Missus ran up for me

Stretch propellor covers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Adrian Smith 105/12/2015 14:45:12
2302 forum posts
1067 photos

One of the branding accessories that came with my Pilot-RC Extra 50cc was a pair of propellor covers. However, they were too small for my 24x8 Xoar wooden props. They fitted just right my 18X10 wood props that I use for my OS 33 GT engine.

p1020887.jpgAnyway the covers seemed to be made of a stretch material which I subsequently found out to be neoprene. I went onto Ebay and found a supplier of small neoprene sheet material at a reasonable cost. I cut a pattern to shape and length for both blades and SWMBO used a strongish thread and double stitched the two pieces together and turned them inside out for neatness. Here is the finished article.

p1020888.jpgI am pleased with the result and the elasticity keeps the covers on during transit. Now it must be said that there is never a complaint from my wife when I tramp through the door, or is delivered, the latest piece of RC gear that I really must have! The only proviso is that when she wants something I stump up the cash. Seems to work quite well really…...

Edited By Adrian Smith 1 on 05/12/2015 14:45:48

scott finnie05/12/2015 14:49:55
756 forum posts
95 photos
They look really nice and I love the simplicity behind them!

Oh never let your wife go. A lady who allows a man to enjoy his hobby is very rare!

Enjoy

Scott

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us