Forum sponsored by CML

Starloc Five Star Adhesives

Are They Still Trading?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Andrew Ray15/12/2015 13:22:48
743 forum posts
19 photos

I thought I would buy some Five Star epoxy and cyano, I've used their cyano before and quite liked it. I had an opportunity to call in on the way home from work this morning but rather than call in unannounced I tried to contact them last week. I tried phoning but had a constant tone when I dialled the number and I have not had a reply to my email. I searched on here and found a couple of threads that indicate that their communication is not great.Their website seemed to indicate they were moving from February to December 2015, (rather a long time to move premises). The address given is 12-14 Arkwright Court in Runcorn.

Anyway the upshot of my visit is that I found the units are empty with a notice dated 9th December 2015 that the units have been repossessed by the landlord.

Can anyone add anything to this? Are their products still available? The website seems to still be up and running and able to take orders although there is a notice that the mail order facility is temporarily suspended.

Masher15/12/2015 13:33:30
1106 forum posts
79 photos

Very interesting! Despite having issues with previous orders, I do like their products. At the weekend I decided to do a bulk buy of adhesives and looked on their website - but basically the message is "don't come here". The actual message suggests they hope to be up and running by 2nd week of Dec but there is no update or customer information so I have bought from another supplier, not worth the risk.

kc15/12/2015 13:50:43
6207 forum posts
169 photos

A while ago there was something about their moving all production to their Bulgarian factory.

Nice people, good products, lots of technical advice, shame the mailorder service is letting them down at the moment.

Andy Green15/12/2015 14:04:27
2279 forum posts
67 photos
2 articles

Have you searched these forums to see if anyone else has had problems?

Andy

Andrew Ray15/12/2015 14:11:07
743 forum posts
19 photos
Posted by Andy Green on 15/12/2015 14:04:27:

Have you searched these forums to see if anyone else has had problems?

Andy

Yup, I've read the thread you started Andy too. Seems as though the situation has progressed, by implication if the premises have been repossessed by court order they have failed to pay rent.

John F15/12/2015 14:14:47
1318 forum posts
51 photos
Posted by kc on 15/12/2015 13:50:43:

Nice people, good products, lots of technical advice, shame the mailorder service is letting them down at the moment.

They have been letting customers down for well over a year with many an awkward and ridiculous excuse to explain their failings as far back as 2012. There is still nowhere near any kind of effective company emerging from the ashes.

I would not touch them with a bargepole.

Edited By John F on 15/12/2015 14:16:41

Area 5115/12/2015 14:23:41
653 forum posts
1 photos

I can only echo the comments on here now; best avoided...

They seem to have "reorganised" themselves from what and into what I can even hazard a guess.. but it isnt effective service that is for sure.. I bought some glues etc off them at Weston, but the variety wasnt the same and some of the cyano has since gone firm on me - even when kept in the cool dark box...

We could do with someone to come forward and step in where they left off as there is a definate need.. plus expertise in all things "glue" for us modellers..

I remember reading before they were relocating to Bulgaria.. so heaven knows what excuses can be conjoured up with a new business out there.. mind you - they do say relocation is ongoing from Feb-Dec.. are they walking there with a cart or something..

Barpole and touching have been mentioned, I'd therefore say the same!

ken anderson.15/12/2015 14:24:49
8518 forum posts
773 photos

check out some other threads about the same company....

ken anderson...ne...1..... threads dept.

ken anderson.15/12/2015 14:26:06
8518 forum posts
773 photos

check out some other threads about the same company....and here

ken anderson...ne...1..... threads dept.

StarLoc FiveStar Adhesives16/12/2015 10:52:52
165 forum posts
3 photos

Five Star are still trading, UK company, UK VAT registered technicaly trading from the UK

Manufacturing 100% in Bulgaria, Supplying Direct from Bulgaria

UK unit is now as of last month empty letters diverted to here, new address will be on site soon ( as soon as i am happy that it is secure enough to publish the address )

We gave notice to landlords back in September that we were leaving but they wont return deposit due to glue fumes damaging the roof so we are arguing about it.....

At the minute we are concentrating on trade manufacturing no retail mail order is available

We will still do a few shows in the UK every year, ones we always do such as Weston Park, The Nats maybe a few other modeling ones plus the engineering and wood working ones

Soon.... ( not sure when ) mail order SHOULD become available ( only when i can make sure it is reliable)

The reason mail order is not available is.......

As a chemical manufacturer it is very diffficult to do retail as well! , anytime now.... mail order should be back available but that may be anytime from a few weeks to a few months, it will not be available until I am happly that we can give a good service and that the staff can do it with no mistakes or delays

All adhesives are still manufacatured by my own company , as they have always been, no brand/supply changes etc have happened or ever will as all manufacture is at my own factory.

Edited By StarLoc FiveStar Adhesives on 16/12/2015 11:18:51

David Ashby - Moderator16/12/2015 11:26:24
10935 forum posts
1681 photos
613 articles

There you do. We've had 5-Star's reply.

Thread locked.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 16/12/2015 12:00:53

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CADMA
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us