Forum sponsored by CML

Chris's Bella Ballerina HD

HD having no relation w/ HiDef but simply Hybrid Depron

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Devcon124/02/2017 20:53:06
1243 forum posts
368 photos

That is one fine Ballerina and as the project manager you, young Gaston should be very proud of yourself.

Keep him at it and I look forward to the RFI pics.

John

Peter Miller25/02/2017 08:22:05
9181 forum posts
1062 photos
10 articles

That looks very smart. A bit of extra area never hurt at all

Andy G.25/02/2017 08:42:30
387 forum posts
215 photos

That is looking very impressive! Not far to go now until it is complete. Keep up the great work.

McG 696925/02/2017 20:31:59
2169 forum posts
911 photos

Hello everybody,

I would like to thank you all, guys... for your kind and encouraging words.

It certainly means a huge 'mojo boost' for me. Thank you for bringing up the idea, Rosco.

Does it really sounds very stupid if I don't know the meaning of "RFI pics" ? ... blush

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR "RFI" Control

onetenor25/02/2017 22:03:28
1717 forum posts

If my Granddad heard some one finisg a job with the words"That'll do " he would say "That'll do won't do in this shop." meaning it's right or not so get it right .

Devcon125/02/2017 23:21:37
1243 forum posts
368 photos

Ready For Inspection. 😂

McG 696926/02/2017 09:59:46
2169 forum posts
911 photos

Thank you for bringing some light in the tunnel, Devcon. yes

I was guessing about the "RF" that probably could signify 'Ready For', but now I'm really glad that the "I" doesn't stand for 'Inferno'... wink

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Acronym Control

john stones 126/02/2017 15:00:44
9671 forum posts
1435 photos

Thought it was "ready for Iris" wink

John

Iris Vieghe26/02/2017 17:56:07
61 forum posts
3 photos
Posted by john stones 1 on 26/02/2017 15:00:44:

Thought it was "ready for Iris" wink

John

Haha John, The world isn't ready for Iris. Poor Chris isn't even 'ready for Iris'. Let be his awesome flying machine... And I am not ready for it either...

I liked the bench flying pictures though. Good job Chris!

Have a great Sunday evening everyone,

- Iris

DavidKP26/02/2017 18:14:51
38 forum posts
23 photos

Come on Chris, you and Gaston have made such a tremendous effort to make this beautiful model, you cant stop now. I have been following the build since the start, just didnt have anything to contribute so didnt post anything, but I have learnt a lot from your work. Dont know how much I will carry over to my own builds, but those exhausts, I have to copy them soon ......

Mark Elen26/02/2017 20:31:15
328 forum posts
577 photos

Hi Chris,

That looks fantastic. Keep up the good work. 👍

All the best

Mark

McG 696927/02/2017 18:35:42
2169 forum posts
911 photos

Hello everybody,

Thank you for the kind words, lads & laddies.

... and The LotH is right (again)... very often I'm not even "ready' for Iris"...

@ David > please feel free to 'copy' whatever you like. And those turboprop thingies are really worth making as they give a 'special touch' to your cowling.

@ Mark > how is your Ballerina doing? Did you have some progress with the white & transparent blue covering?

I had some progress at La Grotte today with the adjustment of the wing to the fuse, but forgot to take the camera back home. frown

As I'm very near to install the servos, I have a question, please.

I have a servo tester - still in the blister packaging though angel - which seems to need a 5V input.

I also have a 5V power supply for a toy-ish foam cutter but it is only rated at 1,5 A.

As many BECs rated at 3A seem to be supporting up to 4 servos, can I use that 1,5A for testing?

Or is there a better/easier way?

Thanks in advance & hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Amps Control

WolstonFlyer27/02/2017 19:09:18
2104 forum posts
189 photos

Hi Chris, for testing servos one at a time ( as normally done with a servo tester) yes a small 5V 1.5A DC supply will work fine, just get the polarity correct. Alternatively use a low cost 4.8V to 6V receiver pack or 4x AA battery holder with servo plug attached.

I personally use an old 4x AA NiMh rechargeable pack (4.8V) for doing servo testing and powering up receivers etc,

e.g

**LINK**

or

**LINK**

Steven Shaw28/02/2017 01:22:21
229 forum posts
140 photos

Hi Chris - this is how I test mine, with a Li-Po flight battery.

servo testing.jpg

Edited By Steven Shaw on 28/02/2017 01:23:36

McG 696928/02/2017 19:48:15
2169 forum posts
911 photos

Thank you both for your help, gents.

How is your Ballerina going on, Wolston?

At the moment, I don’t have any Lipos available. Sorry, Steven.

I’m only looking for a temporary solution to get on with the Bella installation as The LotH proposed to invest in a ‘super-deluxe’ adjustable bench power supply as a present for my birthday anniversary… which happens to be… tomorrow. cake cocktail cocktail ...

Unfortunately our Asian friends didn’t seem to have exactly the same calendar priority, so the delivery will be for ‘some time’ later on. frown

Meanwhile, I found an old TomTom 5V-DC wall charger rated at 2A & some female 2,54mm PCB connectors today in one of my junk-boxes, so I guess I’m on my way now.

Merci & Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Power Control

WolstonFlyer01/03/2017 09:26:24
2104 forum posts
189 photos

My build has been stopped for a while Chris, I am in the middle (well closer to the end) of selling and moving house, it's a big move with 3 children and lots of 'stuff' to move to the other end of the country.

After moving I will have my very own garage or 'La Grotte' , it needs a bit of work ( a new roof and doors) so once that is done and I have insulated it etc I can have my own workshop for building things

Happy birthday for Today cakecakegift

McG 696902/03/2017 18:52:36
2169 forum posts
911 photos

Hello everybody,

Hi Wolston,

I can easily imagine that with all those decisions to handle your build had to be put on hold.

But nice to read that you will be better off when all things are set and you can have your own 'Grotte'.

Thank you as well for your anniversary wishes as it became a very nice day - despite the usual social commitments - with a lovely dinner invitation by The LotH.

Unfortunately some Poire Williams vapors seemed to be still very present between my neurons today, so I bravely decided not to risk and compromise any previous work done at La Grotte...

Keep up the mooth, young man.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Neuron Control

McG 696903/03/2017 19:14:06
2169 forum posts
911 photos

Hello to all of you,

I remembered that I forgot to post the pictures of the wing/fuselage adjustment, so here we go.

2219_wing_adjust01_900.jpg

2221_wing_adjust02_900.jpg

I guess this is close enough for now. I’ll have the final adjustment when I’ll be doing the wing alignment check.

Meanwhile I’m trying to understand the wing servo ‘situation’. I’ve been preparing the 'old' TomTom 5V wall charger for the servo tester by soldering on some female PCB connector to power the unit.

It works perfectly all right since I even managed to have the polarity properly fixed. angel

Since my servos are analog, I choose the 50Hz output - the 125 & 250 Hz seem to be for digital ones - and the tester operates between 800 and 2200 (ųs, I suppose) with the ‘central’ adjustment at 1500, logically. smiley

What I’m wondering about is that the servo gives a total movement angle of about 150° and I was expecting something more in the range of 90 > 100°. If I mount this in Bella’s wing, I will be bumping into the forward and aft ends of the wing servo slot. frown

Of course, I realize I got older since a couple of days, but am I ‘missing’ something, please???

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Servo Control

Simon Chaddock03/03/2017 20:12:09
5169 forum posts
2708 photos

Chris

Not all servos have the same travel and it is made more complex as servo testers tend to deliver the maximum range of signal. Your Tx sticks probably wont simply to leave room for trim and any end point adjustment.

I always feel happier setting things up with the maximum possible servo movement simply to protect their gears.

If you can't physically accommodate the maximum then it is probably better to check the full travel using the actual Tx.

McG 696904/03/2017 18:32:47
2169 forum posts
911 photos

Hello again everybody,

Thank you a lot, Simon.

I've been testing my servo travel again today and it seems that I would have a perfect travel for the ailerons with a pulse between 1050 and 1950 when I installed a servo in Bella's wing.

As you wrote, very probably the Tx will not give the same full travel as I've seen with the tester.

But I'm still far of getting to that point as I don't even have a Lipo to connect the ESC too... and I've even never been trying to bind the DX6i to a 6210 Rx either... 'Newbie', remember... blush

The elevator & rudder servo will not cause any problem as there is room enough even for a full travel.

So, I think I'll better progress with my servo linkages next and finally get that wing aligned.

Thanks again for your advice.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Linkages Control

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
Airtek Hobbies
Wings & Wheels 2018
Motion RC
Overlander
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues