Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Bigaole 3g-A V2 giro

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Robin Etherton04/01/2016 19:47:41
263 forum posts
41 photos

Have just got one of these from Santa. All is working fine (normal aeroplane mode) except that the rudder is compensating in the wrong direction.

Has anyone experience of this piece of kit and can put the instructions for setting the giro compensation into plain english that a dummy like me might be able to follow?

Robin

Pete B - Moderator04/01/2016 20:26:24
7548 forum posts
732 photos

I think I've just found the correct manual here, Robin?

It doesn't seem to be that much different from the Orange V2 Stab we discussed on a thread a while back, so you might find something of interest there.

Regarding the rudder action, make sure the control surface is moving in the correct direction from the Tx setup first. Then when you have the gyro connected, you'll need to go into the setting process (para 8 on that PDF). You'll need to await the third flashing sequence, of 3 flashing lights, then change the colour from one to the other:

c)Blue LED(or Red) will flash 3 times per second for
5 times in total, the move the rudder stick to set the
compensation direction of rudder.

Come out of the setting mode and all should be fine.....smile

The most important thing is that the control surface must move towards the direction you are moving the wing/fus in to properly counteract the movement. Set the gains quite low to start with - you can always increase them later, once you've confirmed that the stab is working correctly.

Pete

Robin Etherton04/01/2016 20:47:13
263 forum posts
41 photos

Thanks Pete.

I have the manual and everything is set up fine regarding the tx.

I am familiar with the operation of stabilisers as I have the excellent Visionaire and Adagio.

Where I have the problem is in understanding the very section that you quoted from the instructions.

Is it possible for you to expand on this part of the instructions. Which way do I move the rudder to reverse the compenstion direction which at the moment is increasing the turn rather than straightening it up . Also what should I see happening on the flashing LED while I am moving the rudder. I have tried a couple of different ways of following the instructions but the rudder still refuses to move in the right direction.

I am probably being very stupid here but it is frustrating especially as the beeping of the transmitter drives my dogs loopy and I get it in the ear from swmbo.

Robin

Pete B - Moderator04/01/2016 21:05:10
7548 forum posts
732 photos

From what para 8 sec 3 says:

3 Direction of Gyro Calibration
a)During the process of flash, move the rudder stick to
left or right to switch the direction of gyro calibration
b) Nor Blue flash > Rev (Red Flash), or Rev (Red
Flash) > Nor (Blue Flash)
b) When moving the rudder stick, LED keeps rapid
flashing until it returns to the center.

I would say that whatever colour is flashing at present, you just have to change it from red to blue or vice versa to change the direction of compensation? By trial and error as it's not that clear...

It's not you - it's Chinglish instructions......teeth 2

We need to get you sorted before you get the night in the kennel, certainlywink 2

Pete

Robin Etherton04/01/2016 21:13:10
263 forum posts
41 photos

Thanks.

I'll try again in the morning when I am let out!!!M

Robin

Robin Etherton05/01/2016 15:20:51
263 forum posts
41 photos

Success!😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Not sure but I think that after moving the rudder stick to change the direction of giro calibration you need to switch the giro out of setting mode BEFORE unplugging the power source.

Reluctant to experiment any further as it is all working but hope this helps anyone else who gets stuck.

Once again thanks Pete.

Robin

Pete B - Moderator05/01/2016 15:27:42
7548 forum posts
732 photos

Result! That sounds about right - and thanks for putting up the explanation - all too often problems are solved and the solution is kept a well-guarded secret!teeth 2

Pete

Bruce Austin26/06/2018 14:21:04
242 forum posts
1 photos

I have tried to order a Bigaole from Reds Radio Contol. They claim to have stock. My order went in at the end of May.

Half way through June I followed up and was told they are expecting a delivery any day. Still nothing on the 26th June. has anyone else had a similar experience with Reds RC?

Go With the Flow

Bruce

Denis Watkins26/06/2018 15:20:09
3671 forum posts
173 photos

There are other giros Bruce, and one month is long time if you paid in full and were told it would be earlier

Denis Watkins26/06/2018 15:20:10
3671 forum posts
173 photos

One month is long time if you paid in full and were told it would be earlier

But, if you have not paid, then order elsewhere

Edited By Denis Watkins on 26/06/2018 15:21:53

Bruce Austin03/07/2018 11:02:41
242 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks Denis for your input.

Long story short, I've got my money back.

So, Denis, I was, and still am, looking for something that has stabilising options with "return to home". Preferably already able to just plug in. Soldering is not out of the question, but prefer not to, if possible.

Have you any recommendations, please?

Go With the Flow

Bruce

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us