In Search

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Vinny16/02/2008 00:28:00
2 forum posts
Trying to find a dealer to ship to the US for RCGF engines
Carl Spencer14/06/2008 18:35:00
3 forum posts
i have the 26cc in my 74" wingspan extra 300 and it flies like a dream so easy to start and set up only problem was with interference from the ignition module eaasily sorted though i would recomend to anyone
Neal Snooke06/09/2008 12:54:00
22 forum posts
2 photos
Hi Carl, Im considering one of these - what caused the interference problem ? How did you solve it? I have several Zenoah engines for a number of years and they have never missed a beat, I wouldnt want to buy into any trouble.... but the price is tempting...
Nobby Clarke 208/09/2008 19:22:00
26 forum posts

Hi Vinny,

Try here ,US dealer     http://www.zrcgf.com/

Nobby

David Ashby - Moderator09/09/2008 08:22:00
10881 forum posts
1663 photos
604 articles
Don't Al's Hobbies sell them?
Neal Snooke09/09/2008 11:52:00
22 forum posts
2 photos

Yep - I was trying to decide between the RCGF and CRRC engines. The CRRC ones look  (too)colourful - and perhaps a little tacky/over blinged, but one guy at our club just bought one.  I havnt seen it run yet though.  Both seem quite cheap... My two ZG20 from Toni Clarke have run faultlessly for over two years now (one has a lot of hours on it now) and I suspect that I'll invest the extra cash in another CDi Zenoah.  Still be interested in peoples comments of the cheaper options though...

Neal.

Engine Doctor16/09/2008 09:40:00
2219 forum posts
21 photos

Hi Neal I run a 45cc crrc (the earlier version ) in a 80 something inch Eurobat and it runs and pulls superbly . Flown about 3hrs and gets better every flight. The ignition system supplied interfered badly with the radio so I replaced it with a Westons runtronic unit . Its now excellent and starts easily. I dont know how long it will last as it has some serios rock in the crank bearings although the newer version has been completly re-designed .I have recently fitted and flown a DL 50 in my sons Vision . That started second flick and also runs superbly .No problems with the ignition unit supplied. Had to have a couple of tanks through it on the ground then the compression really built up and the general feel of the motor became much smoother. It is a  very powerful engine . Parts are easily available and not to expensive ,through the uk distributors . Cost around £240 in the uk inc postage My other petrol units are a McKay 30cc , thats a great engine very powerful ,light and easy to set up .Its more expensive but is built specifically for the model market . My last petrol engine is a  Zenoah 45 which I bought second hand .Beware of second hand units that have built up cranks if you dont know or trust their history or if there is any evidence of a sudden landing /crashes! It was fully cowled  in a model and felt fine but when the cowl was removed some broken fins were evidence of a crash The Zenoah 's crank was twisted out of alignment and it had been assembled previously by someone who obvoisly didnt under stand how to use shims to adjust end play . Its been rebuilt now and seems to run ok  !  ll . My son recently paid nearly £500 for a 3w 55i .It was heavy and cumbersome  although the quality was superb , you still had to supply your own mounting and muffler . It was replaced with the DL50 ,much lighter and smaller , this was supplied complete with a muffler (although to be fair this does need some more baffles as it is quite noisy) and a mounting system .All for under half the price of the 3W, good value ? The Cheap engines seem OK but only time will tell .

E.D

Neal Snooke16/09/2008 10:21:00
22 forum posts
2 photos

Thanks for all that info Doc.  I have just gotten my DA50 running again after it started running like a dog.  Turned out to be a faulty ignition module, so I will press it back into service and put off buying any more until the cheaper options prove themselves a bit more.  Though I don't see why they shouldn't last, after all the basic mechanical technology is pretty well understood and lasts forever in garden machinery (which is real cheap) for example - just so long as they havnt put all the money int fancy light crankcases and cut corners in the basic mechanics quality.

Neal.

Brian Cooper15/10/2008 08:46:00
417 forum posts
20 photos

I have a RCGF 26 cc petrol engine in a 72” span Spitfire, and it performs very well.

The only “niggle” I have with it is that it won’t draw fuel from the tank when flicking the prop by hand, even with full choke on.   It has to be primed with an electric starter.

But other than that it is a sweet and reliable engine.

However, if you’re looking for pure power, there are more powerful engines on the market.

B.C.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg179/Modeldemon/SPIT1plus.jpg

Engine Doctor15/10/2008 16:43:00
2219 forum posts
21 photos
An update on the CRRC 45cc engine.Fitted in a 84 inch Eurobat . The  outing before last I put the model into a steep climb ,the motor sounded very laboured for a couple of seconds then stopped ! Landed it safely and noticed some oil on the c/case. Later stripped engine down as it had no crankase compression and so couldn't draw any fuel. At first I thought the front oil seal had blown but late found it had sucked in the cylinder base gasket . The remains of the gasket were still in place but had turned all sticky  , soft and horrible . I made a new gasket and fitted it and all is normal again . They may be cheap but they are powerful easy to start and keep on going.
Neal Snooke15/10/2008 17:05:00
22 forum posts
2 photos

How annoying - they obviously dont use good quality gaskets - just the kind of corner cutting I worry about on the cheaper engines.  On the subject of updates I noticed last weekend that one of my beloved ZG20's has developed a bit of endfloat that it never used to have.  Runs perfectly mind you - and makes no abnormal noises.  Should I worry about it or is it normal with a "high milage" engine... Doc?

Neal.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Revoc
Motion RC
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us