By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

RCM&E Vector March 2016 free plan

Thinking about building it, with my 2 year old!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Pete Collins10/11/2019 10:59:40
135 forum posts
6 photos

Don't know how that sneaky wink got in there!

Paulo Peres10/11/2019 12:28:20
135 forum posts
148 photos

Hello Pete, thanks for the message and tip.

That mod will be done soon. For this flight i glued anti-skid tape of the kind used in stairs. It works reasonably well and it doesn't come off easily.

Regards, Paulo.

Paulo Peres10/11/2019 12:31:26
135 forum posts
148 photos
Posted by Pete Collins on 10/11/2019 10:59:40:

Don't know how that sneaky wink got in there!

😁😁😁😁 No problem, we all know they have a mind of their own!

Keith Berriman10/11/2019 12:55:39
747 forum posts
11 photos

Just a little update on my progress 1 Ready for fin making 2 Mod hatch to take battery 3 Fit prop and load test

No 10

No 9

Paulo Peres10/11/2019 17:56:21
135 forum posts
148 photos

Nice!

Keep up the good work!

Paulo

Pete Collins11/11/2019 22:20:07
135 forum posts
6 photos

Looking good!

Paulo Peres14/11/2019 00:37:28
135 forum posts
148 photos

Hello fellow modellers,

Here's the video of the maiden flight of the Vector - **LINK**

Included is also the maiden of a 3D printed P-38 by friend and CAL member João Vitorino. He had one before this, but on lovely day and during a beautiful flight an aileron servo decided to have a mind of its own. You can figure out the sad end...

Regards!

Pete Collins14/11/2019 10:18:13
135 forum posts
6 photos

Nice to see it in its natural element! Well Done.

Paulo Peres25/11/2019 11:30:29
135 forum posts
148 photos

Hi all,

My Vector had three flights yesterday and all went well.

Here's one of the launches - **LINK**

Paulo

Paulo Peres25/11/2019 11:34:22
135 forum posts
148 photos

And a very characteristic silhouette!

vector in flight 2019-11-24 at 20.15.37.jpeg

Keith Berriman24/05/2020 19:25:20
747 forum posts
11 photos

Keep looking at my Vector in the hanger and promising my self I will get it maiden soon, with the latest club rules it could be difficult to get a buddy to hand launch. So just had a thought how about a set of wheels similar to some of the IC deltas seen in previous times. Appreciate for now it will be a straight line take of and landing but I could get it into the air. That`s my day sorted out for tomorrow

Paulo Peres25/05/2020 13:08:10
135 forum posts
148 photos

I already went back to the field and a fellow modeller hand-launched some of my models. The rules established by the national federation stipulate that only two pilots can be operating their models at the same time and in the whole field no more than ten modellers should be present. Mask usage is highly recommended.

We managed to do that without major issues and as the field is large, it could easily accomodate more than the numbers above provided that social distancing is enforced. Starting this week, the major hurdle is to endure the heat at the site... around 30C by 11AM will be the norm! surprise

As for having a dolly to get the models into the air, I'm having the same thoughts... At least precludes the occasional glitches that occur with hand launches, even though I have the benefit of having helpers that know what they're doing.

Get the Vector in the air soon and share some pics!

Regards,

Paulo

Edited By Paulo Peres on 25/05/2020 13:08:39

Keith Berriman25/05/2020 21:14:13
747 forum posts
11 photos

Hello Paulo here`s my Vector with trial wheels on, I will have to watch the climb out angle though

Vector With Wheels

Paulo Peres25/05/2020 23:56:24
135 forum posts
148 photos

Nice!

In fact, you'll have to check if incidence is enough to take off. But I understand the model is limited by being a pusher. Hence, rotation must be shallow, otherwise the propeller hits the ground.

Paulo

Keith Berriman26/05/2020 16:11:55
747 forum posts
11 photos

So a bad day and two black bin liners required. Tried the Vector on the ground but our field is not like tarmac was pleased it went in straight lines but the bumpiness in the grass kept popping up the front and prop catching. Plan B

Flying buddy with me and voluntered to hand launch, took option to hold on top and pleased it balanced on the C/G so power up a little bit away we go but it turned left and rolled over say no more

Second black bin of the day Wot 4 Artf new last year out for 6th time and all safety checks and power down done take off into turn nose twitches but came back turn to flight line and it decided it wanted to do it's own thing and over1/4 mile away it came down still to check all system battery test okay

Paulo Peres26/05/2020 20:44:46
135 forum posts
148 photos

Sorry to hear about the mishaps.sad

My model also tended to go hard left on launch. Check here: **LINK**

However, added about 10gr in the nose and launching straight and level or with a little nose down attitude gets the model away nicely. Go ahead, build another one!

Paulo

Pete Collins28/05/2020 11:06:50
135 forum posts
6 photos

Sorry to hear about the demise of your Vector. It sounds like a torque roll. On launch you have full power on so the torque is at a maximum and trying to roll the aircraft left, but the airspeed is at minimum and this results in virtually zero aileron response. You're also close to tip stall territory which can join in and make matters worse. Once she picks up speed then the control response improves to the point that the torque correction becomes unnoticeable. Some models suffer from this phenomenon to the extent that you have to launch on reduced throttle and only advance the power once it has got moving but the vector is usually OK in this respect. I assume that with the unfamiliar launch technique you just didn't get enough speed on in time. I know this won't bring your Vector back but, if you do rebuild it perhaps a small wire skid under the tail just ahead of the prop might be worth trying.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!