Forum sponsored by CML

Programming AR636A

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Denis Watkins09/03/2017 14:36:36
3457 forum posts
160 photos

£13.22 at the Robot shop

http://www.robotshop.com/uk/spektrum-tx-rx-audio-programming-cable.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAl4TGBRDhgvmikdHPsdABEiQAtBcc8A0M70yxcwgQN-cWVHeW7M4SbvtUCHoAU3fBPUUoL-EaAqVN8P8HAQ

spektrum-tx-rx-audio-programming-cable.jpg

Edited By Denis Watkins on 09/03/2017 14:39:24

Kev Griss18/04/2017 07:46:40
3 forum posts

Thanks Bruce for your info. I have now tried the version 1.42 firmware (on a AR636A with 1.43 installed) and the update fails with the error "There was a problem erasing the device (bad address)."

Hopefully others will have more luck.

NOTE: 1.43 on my AR636A allows the rx to work as a standard receiver without giro.

Kev Griss18/04/2017 21:02:51
3 forum posts

...a little up. I've now managed to get version 1.43 working fully on my AR636A. I'm finding that the Spektrum programmer is resetting my Rate Gains back to 0. Setting them back to stock levels looks good again.

Now to fly the model to check all is right, But looking good on the ground.

Simon Knight13/02/2018 18:50:03
198 forum posts
375 photos

I just bought what I thought was going to be an AR636 from eBay but it arrived today as an A variant. A little disappointed.

However, I connected it to my PC using the USB lead and used Spektrum Updater to get the serial number and then registered it as an AR636.

I then downloaded the spmrx.sax file.

Next I opened the the Spektrum Progammer and connected a battery to the receiver. Opened the software update menu and drag and dropped the spmrx.sax file into the box and hit enter. This then updated the software to version 1.43.

I then selected a model setting previously setup with an actual AR636 and synced the receiver successfully.

All seems good to go with a programmed AR636A. It isn't out of a model so this may be a plus. I haven't tried this with one from a model yet.

John Huett12/08/2018 19:40:44
1 forum posts

Does anyone know the AS3X setting for the sportsman A+

Michael Blakesley20/02/2019 18:11:02
2 forum posts

Hi I have just purchased a AR636A RX got the Lead and loaded the software BUT I can register the serial number on the web site so I am stuck with V1.4 firmware could one of you kind souls email me the Version 1.43 spmrx.sax file please so I can unlock this receiver

Many Thanks

Mike

BackinBlack20/02/2019 20:03:54
79 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Mike, I think you may have to persevere with registering the receiver. I have several AR636 Rxs and had to download a new sprmx file for each one as the files appear to be locked to one serial number.

Good Luck

Ian

Michael Blakesley22/02/2019 10:24:04
2 forum posts

Well I got my reply from Horizon Hobby regarding my AR636A

Hallo Michael
this serial number is from a closed AR636 and it can´t be registered or updated.
These kind of receivers are special programmed for one model and there is no way to change anything.

Reading a earlier Post someone had used a 1.43 sprmx.sax file on a second receiver and it worked so I suspect the locked to serial number issue is TX only

There was also early conversation on this link about a version 1.42 SPRMX.SAX file that was freely available and was again not linked to the serial number and unlocked AR363A's no problem

again if some kind soul has Ver 1.42 SPRMX.SAX or anyone who has 1.43 SPRMX.SAX and could email it to me I am happy to experiment with the receiver I have and if it fails I will happily report this on this Forum if it works I will be eternally grateful

kind regards

Mike

Bruce Miller 223/02/2019 03:47:50
17 forum posts

PM sent for your email address.

Some early ones were definitely 'locked' (like the infamous Sukhoi one) but I have a few more recently that I have been able to reprogram to my tastes despite the hobby shop telling me otherwise. Some are programmed using the ipad app and some with my PC (but not both???). If it isn't going to work - the failure is clear so you will know for sure, then try the other programming method before trying to 'update' to 1.42, and before quitting. Good luck! GENERALLY speaking I have had more respond to the ios APP than the PC programmer.

p.s. I have posted my learnings before in this thread and have not changed my views with further experience. Receiver 'updates' are not coded (up to 1.43 anyway!). Transmitter updates ARE and must be generated after registration and login.

Let us know, Bruce

Kev Griss24/02/2019 14:55:57
3 forum posts

Hi Michael,

I see Bruce has contacted you. If you still need 143 or 142 please let me know your email address and I'll forward them.

Regards,

Kev

Zflyer26/02/2019 05:58:28
16 forum posts

Flight Mode query

Hi folks. I have an ASX 3 rx and all six chanels are in use. ( flaps and u/c). Can i still assign and use a switch for program mode or do i need a spare chanel?

Chiz

Mick

Bruce Miller 226/02/2019 07:08:45
17 forum posts

Yep, you need a spare channel ON YOUR TRANSMITTER but not on the receiver.

I have same as you describe with all 6 output channels in use and the receiver can use all 6 output channels but needs 7 INPUT channels to also swap Flight Modes. You can use AUX 1,2 or 3 (if Gear is in use)

I have AETRGF from my DX9 doing their usual servo thing on output sockets 1-6 and AUX2 is FM switch using a 7th Tx channel. Works fine.

If you only have a 6 channel transmitter then Flight Modes not an option unless you can do without flaps.

Zflyer26/02/2019 09:23:20
16 forum posts

Thanks Bruce.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
CML
Wings & Wheels 2018
Motion RC
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us