Forum sponsored by CML

plastic coating , great for foamies

found this just brousing youtube

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Rory connell21/02/2016 16:26:28
47 forum posts
9 photos

plastic coating for that extra strength on foam, great for depron and other foam models , i assume it can be put on all sorts of other materials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDwQg6CX25A

you can buy it here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polycraft-SG2000-2kg-Fast-Cast-Polyurethane-Liquid-Plastic-Casting-Resin-Kit-/321410325676?hash=item4ad58c5cac:g:VjIAAOSwcBhWXuJR

TigerOC21/02/2016 21:26:26
311 forum posts
13 photos

I would be concerned by the added weight. I use WBPU ( water based poly) extensively for glassing sheeted wings and it is cheap[, light, hard and durable. Have used it on depron as well but laminating would probably be better long term.

Rob

john davidson 121/02/2016 22:07:06
23 forum posts

An alternative is available from sign printing shops. Ask for offcuts of vinyl for small jobs or larger pieces can be bought at a reasonable price . I have used it to cover flat depron wings and to make folded depron wings with an aerofoil section (google E-SHARK to see how to do it) It makes the wing very strong, I over banked my E-Shark on a low turn and caught a wing tip resulting in a cartwheel,the wing was intact and with little work on the nose and finit flies perfect again

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Gliders Distribution
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us