Weekend of 1-2 March

what are you up to?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Ashby - Moderator29/02/2008 10:27:00
10953 forum posts
1681 photos
614 articles
The weather forecast doesn't look anything special down in Kent here but we'll try and get out for a fly over the next few days. If you're down the patch then take some pictures and show us what you've been flying!
Tim Mackey29/02/2008 11:23:00
20920 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles

Off on a jolly with friends to mid west Wales as from lunchtime today until Sunday...so no flying ( or posting ) but hope to catch some big fast stuff sweeping down the Bwlch

Weather forecast is, of course, cr*p

Alistair Taylor29/02/2008 14:52:00
597 forum posts
11 photos

Definitely a building weekend.

Two wings on a Brian Cooper designed super dart MK9 to join. Then build a wing and tail for a scaled up Ray Malmstrom designed Hanriot for approx 1cc power and 2-3 channel R/C. All of this using 3/16" by 1/2" balsa strips and quick cyano.

Re-assemble and test run a neglected PAW 1.49 that has been cleaned to sparkly-new looking - god bless fairy power spray.

Install cox motors in a couple of ex-electric designs. I tried electrickery but there's nothing like the rasp of a fettled cox motor on 15% nitro..... sorry Timbo.

Then, if time allows, install the Enya 049 R/C on a Cessna Birdog (a chinese copy of an american copy of the VMAR design).

Hmmmm - then I better START WRITING THE MOTHERS DAY CARDS!

The caps are intentional - don't forget chaps, for hell hath no fury like a woman who goes through childbirth but doesn't get chocs and a card on Mothers day.

AlistairT

David Ashby - Moderator29/02/2008 15:00:00
10953 forum posts
1681 photos
614 articles

Cor, quite a list Alistair. We're going to an indoor flying meeting tomorrow night - free flight stuff with a little heli' R/C at the end I believe.

Cheers for the mothers day heads up

scott cuppello29/02/2008 16:55:00
874 forum posts
82 photos
I'm staring out of the window at 60mph winds.......with 30mph being the minimum over the weekend according to the website I use......I do wish it would go away! It's strange what you do in desperation, we maidened a 65" Spitfire during the week.....in 25mph winds......came down ok, but what was I thinking? Oh well, looks like a weekend of folding depron sheets for me!
RC01/03/2008 02:29:00
43 forum posts

My weekend consists of 2X 12 hour night shifts but I do get a little "me" time in that.

Just built an engine rig (right term ?)  so that I can start running in my brand new SC 46 for my trainer plane. Just need to get a Glow Plug and some fuel. I must be nieve but I thought a new engine would have come with a plug installed !

Also need to figure out what the two metal couplings do that came with the mechanical fuel pump, I thought they would be a male/female coupling but they don't seem to be.

I might also have been doing the radio instal of my brand new Futaba 6 EX but when I checked, the supplier had despatched a 35mhz instead of my requested 2.4 Ghz.  I geuss the courier and post man carrying the right and wrong sets will pass each other sometime over the weekend  

Hope everyone has a productive weekend and enjoys helping all the mum's have a deserved rest .

David Ashby - Moderator03/03/2008 09:30:00
10953 forum posts
1681 photos
614 articles
Not much to report - got a couple of flights in with the Cularis but the wind made it pretty bumpy from a flat field.  We got some video for the website non the less. Went to the Tonbridge Angel centre for a free flight indoor session on Sat' night - loads of those little Kyosho Miniums flying around - may just have to get myself one of those.
Alistair Taylor03/03/2008 14:13:00
597 forum posts
11 photos

Sheesh

What a blow-out.

I managed to re-assemble the motor, but most of my "off baby duty" time was spent replacing a rear wheel bearing on the car - oh joy. Still, at least I could hear myself think on the way in to work today.

AlistairT

James Hindle03/03/2008 16:58:00
210 forum posts
121 photos

The last 2 weekend have been blowout for us yarkshire lads so we spent the weekend building, our club seems to be drifting away from Arf's into 'proper building' with the Ben Buckle kits becoming more and more popular, hopefully our new found skill set will set us up for a Nijuis project.

Hopefully the brownie points (and DIY) gaine from the terrible weather will enable a right session this wekeend.

Before the bad weather set in we had some great fun with the Taxi2400 electric glider tug towing a beautiful K8 to find large amounts of sink but hey ho we tried ..... roll on summer ......

David Martin 207/03/2008 04:50:00
282 forum posts
61 photos

Had a 140 mile round trip to take a banana H9 Thunderbolt fuz back to the shop, inspect the new replacement,  have some seaside fish and chips, a twirly ice cream then home.

Too windy for me in Kent this weekend to commit....

David Ashby - Moderator07/03/2008 08:02:00
10953 forum posts
1681 photos
614 articles
Yes, this weekend isn't looking very good at tyhe moment
Tim Mackey07/03/2008 09:15:00
20920 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles

looking very good for a bit of slope action on the big rock though!

Thats one of the real great things about having included slope soaring in my list of flying activities...when the weather is just too darn poor for power /flat field fun....just head up the hill

Of course it helps if you live 15 mins from a nice big rock with predominantly SW winds 

See your there Mr Ashby ??

Eric Bray07/03/2008 11:31:00
6600 forum posts
2 photos
Forecast is 80mph winds on sunday, darn sarf.
David Ashby - Moderator07/03/2008 13:31:00
10953 forum posts
1681 photos
614 articles

Timbo - you would if it wasn't 5-6 hours drive away

Eric - yes, the next few days look like being a bit breezy... 

Tim Mackey07/03/2008 16:01:00
20920 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles
Was only teasing...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sussex Model Centre
CADMA
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us