Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

A step too far..................

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dave Hopkin01/04/2016 09:57:40
3672 forum posts
294 photos

First day of the April and spring and this story in the Express really makes me think its a step to far.... do they think we are all fools that will stand for this nonsense....

**LINK**

Andy Meade01/04/2016 10:09:28
2596 forum posts
679 photos

hehe it's a good one!

Michael Ramsay-Fraser01/04/2016 10:12:21
215 forum posts

Here's another one.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/news/moving-the-avebury-stones-for-british-summer-time

Peter Miller01/04/2016 10:45:44
10075 forum posts
1192 photos
10 articles

Yes, and Cunfused.com said that we will be compelled to have the stars on our number plates and drive on the right and if we leave we would have to take a test when we crossed the channel to make sure we were safe to drive across the continent.But they did put a note at the bottom that is was April 1.

Now if someone would print the EU flag on toilet paper, that would sell like hot cakes.

jonryan01/04/2016 11:20:46
161 forum posts
12 photos

Frighteningly, a lot of comments on that Express item are from people who actually believe the story.

Dave Hopkin01/04/2016 11:22:25
3672 forum posts
294 photos

Damm.... I was sort of hoping there might be a few in at the deep end tirades.....

Andy Meade01/04/2016 11:22:41
2596 forum posts
679 photos

Good grief. Those people are allowed to vote you know...!

Cuban801/04/2016 11:37:25
2641 forum posts
13 photos
Posted by jonryan on 01/04/2016 11:20:46:

Frighteningly, a lot of comments on that Express item are from people who actually believe the story.

“Some expressed concern that Britain might kick back a little, but usually it’s just a lot of huffing and puffing in your parliament then Brussels pushes through the legislation it wants.”

A lot of rubbish spoken about the EU true enough especially on April 1 - but the above is the crux of the problem and why I have not changed my stance on our membership since I voted out (from the Common Market as was then) in 1975. Hopefully, people will not be tricked again.

Edited By Cuban8 on 01/04/2016 11:39:26

Dave Hopkin01/04/2016 11:57:03
3672 forum posts
294 photos

The huge problem with the EU Referendum is (so far) its simply been each side throwing out (usually) half truths/full lies about what may or may not happen post a BREXT - What we actually need is for all the smoke and mirror rhetoric to be pushed aside and some sensible factual information - from BOTH sides so we can make an informed decision and not one based on personality/lies/unsubstantiated claims

Edited By Dave Hopkin on 01/04/2016 11:57:23

Owdlad01/04/2016 11:57:19
222 forum posts
140 photos

A joke it may be but you never know?

Didn't we vote to join a Common market of 9 member countries and not a European Union ruled by 27 states?

Forget all the gumf about the referendum the real question you should ask yourself when you vote is.

Do you want to be governed by a European superstate? Or do you want to retain our own national sovereignty?

Remember the woes of doom and finacial armageden we faced! all the Europhiles shouted if we didn't join the great monetary union called the Euro. ...

Turned out they was wrong and keeping the £ was our saviour and the oposite happened

The Europhiles are now predicting the same doom & gloom if we vote to become a proud independent nation again.

Before I sign off.....one little know fact. When John Major in the 90s signed the Maastrict treaty? The ramifications of signing this treaty wasn't fully explained to the public.....He'd signed away our sovereignty to Europe

We've all got a degree of intelligence use it

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator01/04/2016 12:11:13
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Haven't you guys got any model aeroplanes to fly? If not, haven't you better get on with some building rather than waste your time on this nonsense?

Face it chaps - if we stay in the EU the people who will benefit the most are; big industry, the rich and the politicians. The people who will pay for it are us.

On the other hand, If we leave the EU the people who will benefit most are,... big industry, the rich, and the politicians. And the people who will pay for it are,....us, again! So it makes no difference to the little guys like you and me. Our role in all this is just to pay for it.

So, move on, there are more important things in life, things you and I can acually make a difference about - like flying and building! Moaning about this issue is a waste of valuable hobby time in which you could be doing something you want to do!

BEB

Geoff Sleath01/04/2016 12:22:26
3298 forum posts
251 photos

Well there was a piece on R4's Today programme this morning about Walkers (a Leicester company) changing Red Leicester cheese flavoured crisps blue in support of Leicester football club who (I'm told) play in blue shirts. Just about as believable as this

Geoff

Cuban801/04/2016 13:14:14
2641 forum posts
13 photos
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 01/04/2016 12:11:13:

Haven't you guys got any model aeroplanes to fly? If not, haven't you better get on with some building rather than waste your time on this nonsense?

Face it chaps - if we stay in the EU the people who will benefit the most are; big industry, the rich and the politicians. The people who will pay for it are us.

On the other hand, If we leave the EU the people who will benefit most are,... big industry, the rich, and the politicians. And the people who will pay for it are,....us, again! So it makes no difference to the little guys like you and me. Our role in all this is just to pay for it.

So, move on, there are more important things in life, things you and I can acually make a difference about - like flying and building! Moaning about this issue is a waste of valuable hobby time in which you could be doing something you want to do!

BEB

Inclined to agree with you BEB, although the EU question is an important issue that does deserve careful thought whichever way one's opinion may lay. Ordinary people will always get it in the neck no matter what UK government we elect or whether we remain or Brexit the EU - What does rankle with many people is that we have hardly any influence over EU rules and regs or policy makers, and have no ability to get rid of those that are not working in our national interest through the democratic system.

Anyway, I've got a Brian Taylor Spit to get on with and a hundred, or so, seedlings to pot up............nothing more from me on the EU.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us