Forum sponsored by CML

Dealers-Good/Bad

some praise!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mowerman15/03/2008 10:27:00
1540 forum posts
105 photos

Back in October 07 I bought 4 off 9g servos from RCMDirect.

I used 1 immediately and put the other 3 in my spares box untill Wed 12/March when I found that one was locked solid.

I rang the dealer and with no quibble they offered a free replacement, this arrived today 15 march and I was not asked to return the defective unit.

Great service

Gareth Miles05/08/2008 20:48:00
15 forum posts

thats good

i bought a plane from red bank models in blackpool 2weeks ago after i rang them to see if it was in stock was told it was rang again today to be told it would be sent out on friday  what is the point of having a web site if you can not get the models out in time 3 weeks is a bit long to wait when they are in stock god knows how long you would wait if not in stock

winchweight05/08/2008 21:25:00
2516 forum posts
67 photos

BRC Hobbies - very good

Giant Cod - very good batteries. motors and esc. Fast delivery

Budget R/C good - very good batteries, very slow delivery with erroneous dispatch emails

R/C World Ltd - good, fast service

Model Fixings - excellent range of all those things you might need. Fast delivery

Just Engines - excellent range and support. Quick delivery

FigtherAces - excellent range of Warbirds paint. Fast delivery

Al's Hobbies - good customer service generally.

Horizon Hobbies - excellent turn around of a AR6100 reprogramming and E-Flite Sea Fury spares

Vortex vacforms - very helpful with those replacement canopies. Fast service, bespoke moulding available

Pyramid - Great quality decals.

Unitracts - can be a little grumpy when busy, but good product at a good price.

GrumpyGnome06/08/2008 07:30:00
505 forum posts
145 photos

Per Shaun's mail......

BRC Hobbies - very good

Giant Cod - excellent

Budget R/C good - patchy

Model Fixings - excellent

Just Engines - fantastic !

Al's Hobbies - very good 

Avicraft - very good, very helpful (must finish that Mini Panic...)

Midland Helis - very good

Motors and rotors - very good

Sussex Model Centre - great range but delivery a little slow

Model Shop Leeds - excellent 

Chris Channon08/08/2008 21:04:00
57 forum posts
1 photos

BRC, good but needs a bit of customer service attention

SMC  good , but delivery times not good

Galaxy, best there is, you get a proper nice polite person on the 'phone.

Inwoods  Crap, i will never use them again.

Gosport Model Shop, you get spoken to like you are simple ( this is when they can be bothered to talk to you )

You ask for something and it literally gets thrown on the counter

Having a fag and talking to the mate in the chair is more important than a sale, these people have more money than sense, obviously do not need customers.

Chris C

winchweight09/08/2008 09:33:00
2516 forum posts
67 photos
Whitchurch Models - great service from an old fashioned model shop and a friendly place to chat! On the high street (well, just off it actually).
Eric Bray09/08/2008 10:56:00
6600 forum posts
2 photos

Al's hobbies. Only used twice, great service.

Budget r/c. Very slow despatch, vague emails regarding non-despatch and date they expected to send it.

Webbs, good helpful staff, either in shop or mail-order. Goods sent promptly and well packed.

Fog Dart09/08/2008 20:00:00
147 forum posts
1 photos

Steve Webb models - very quick delivery

hobbycity - couldnt have been easier!

West London Models - knowledgable staff, good service

The first three ive used and no problems whatsoever

Anthony Green11/08/2008 09:22:00
37 forum posts
2 photos
I just wanted to add that on Thursday night i ordered a charge from Model Shop Leeds online. It stated 2 to 5 working days for delivery, it arrived on saturday. Excellent service and very reasonable delivery charge.
Phil Claridge11/08/2008 09:40:00
1924 forum posts
32 photos
slough models,next day delivery even on a 4pm phone order. good helpful advice excellent stock always has just what i want five star service
Lee Burke11/08/2008 10:28:00
203 forum posts
1 photos
GiantCod;  Good service + good prices = excellent.
spanner11/08/2008 18:26:00
74 forum posts

Addlestone Models - Helpfull, polite, friendly and knowledgable.

bit stingy with the chocolate biscuits!!

the unmagnificent man11/08/2008 21:26:00
422 forum posts

Galaxy models, very fast and cheapest SC engines I've found on the net. Great

BOB HOLMAN (America)  AAARRRGHHH. 7 months to get a canopy and a couple of engine cowls and I still haven't got them he didn't even answer my last email. Barge pole comes to mind!

Belair kit cutting, very polite and very helpful, but a bit expensive for what you get I think.

andy watson12/08/2008 21:48:00
1942 forum posts
20 photos

Limited experience, but...........

Steve Webb.  Good, took a long time with me getting "everything I need to get a kit in the air" but there were items missed that I will have to buy.  No discount for schools

Inwoods.  Excellent.  Surprised to read the comment above.  I wanted a size 46 OS engine, and wondered why 1 was £20 more than another.  I got a 15minute explanation I didn't understand a word of  (my ignorance ) which ended up with me being recommended the cheaper of the 2 (I understood that bit).  Delivery was very prompt.

Model Shop Leeds.  Very good.  Store quoted a high price than the web site for my kit, but immediately honoured the web price when I mentioned it.  Delivery was 48hrs almost to the hour!  Again no discount for schools

christopher small12/08/2008 22:37:00
483 forum posts
1 photos
Steve Webb Models,Excellent they have plenty of time for you,very helpfull,and had everything I wanted.
Allan Jordan14/08/2008 18:45:00
495 forum posts

I only visit one shop.... Addlestone Models... great place to go shopping... fun type people there.

Just a little story to illustrate what Addlestone Models is like if yoy pay them a visit...

Two years ago I was on crutches after an illness, my wife drove me Addlestone Models to get some bits and bobs, as we were entering the shop a chap on crutches came out and smiled at me, when we got in the shop there was another chap on crutches. the chap behind the counter  thought that this was rather amusing and said  " what is this.. a convention ? we all stood about wetting ourselves with laughter !!

Some shop eh.

Owen Hailey16/08/2008 21:22:00
391 forum posts

Hi all.

I don't make a habit of going to model shops, as I find the price you pay for the so called service is often just to much, but as I was lucky to win the sea gull models version of the sea fury I decided to pay Galaxy Model shop in Ipswich Suffolk a visit, and the shop is totaly full to the brim with all the plains heli's and model gear you could need and the chap who served me was so in tuch, and totaly new his suff, you could tell that he was intrested in the fact that I had won the mag draw, and they gave me some discont on the gear I needed to get the plain in the air, so all in all 100% satifaction.

shop till you drop Owen. 

Eric Bray16/08/2008 21:39:00
6600 forum posts
2 photos

Two years ago I was on crutches after an illness, my wife drove me Addlestone Models to get some bits and bobs, as we were entering the shop a chap on crutches came out and smiled at me, when we got in the shop there was another chap on crutches. the chap behind the counter  thought that this was rather amusing and said  " what is this.. a convention ? we all stood about wetting ourselves with laughter !!

Dangerous hobby, this aeroplane lark!

Allan Jordan16/08/2008 22:30:00
495 forum posts
 Hi Eric, certainly can be !!
andy watson16/08/2008 23:18:00
1942 forum posts
20 photos

Dangerous to the wallet

Hmm, this is my 100th post- I had hoped it might be something as little more profound!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us