Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Selling a few unused vintage items

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ian Allen 402/05/2016 22:34:42
8 forum posts

Hi

I'm currently selling some decades old but unused RC plane kits and engines on behalf of my Dad. If you're interested you can view them HERE.

There should be more to come in the future, I'll update this thread when more are listed. Any questions please ask.

Ian Allen 412/05/2016 22:22:37
8 forum posts

A new batch of items have been listed. Another couple of Boddington kits are among the new listings. The Barnstormer and Tarka were the real star performers last time, they made us rich beyond our wildest dreams... sort of.

Same LINK as before.

Percy Verance14/05/2016 07:32:52
7561 forum posts
145 photos

Some interesting bits and bobs there Ian. I built both the Mannock and Veron Cessna Skylane back in the 70's. I have managed to acquire another Veron Cessna some years back.

I hope you get some interest.

Ian Allen 414/05/2016 18:27:51
8 forum posts

Thanks Percy.

No bids on the Pilot Hawker Hurricane yet and the Pilot Akromaster I sold previously didn't go for quite as much as I'd hoped. It was my understanding that the old Pilot kits were highly prized, am I wrong? Certainly, to my admittedly untrained eye, they look of higher quality construction than the others.

leccyflyer14/05/2016 18:33:41
1210 forum posts
297 photos

The Pilot kits are indeed excellent, if rather heavy -Pilot never used one piece of wood where twelve would do the job.. That's a very good starting price, and they are sought after, but a Pilot Hurricane kit has cropped up maybe five or six times in the past few months, from the same seller, with a silly starting price and didn't sell for ages. I have one part built, and sold an unstarted kit several years ago, of the Hurricane - that has since come up on eBay for a lot more than I sold it for. Also have their Zero which is in electric conversion and an unstarted Spitfire II kit. Nice kits - hope that you get a decent price at auction.

Ian Allen 414/05/2016 18:52:57
8 forum posts

Thanks for the info.

Percy Verance14/05/2016 22:16:08
7561 forum posts
145 photos

The Pilot kits were works of (plywood) art, but a little weighty. They used genuine plywood - no lite ply in those days - so they were no feather weights. That said, they flew well enough, and were fair representations of their types.

Most of the small range were based around the OS 20/25 engines. Pilot also produced a number of larger model kits, some even 1/4 scale. These are now very highly sought after.

Ian Allen 419/05/2016 23:57:52
8 forum posts

Well that's my second round of auctions done and dusted, a bit of a mixed bag of results from my perspective, such is often the way of these things.

The most interesting thing was the winning bidder of the Peacock Miss Tangerine being Ian Peacock himself! DB Sport & Scale came close to winning the DB Tarka from my previous listings. Fancy my humble auctions being graced by all this aeromodelling royalty!

Jonathan W20/05/2016 06:58:38
78 forum posts
11 photos

Yes, I think Mr Peacock swooped in with an auction sniper in the dying seconds, so my winning bid was relegated! I hope he can do something good with the kit, maybe re-publish the plan?

Ian Allen 403/07/2016 21:05:30
8 forum posts

I'm back after a break with another batch of planes and engines, including vintage Boddington, Keil Kraft and Veron, come and have a look why don't you? - LINK. Ignore the guitar pedals.

Ian Allen 404/09/2016 20:50:53
8 forum posts

A few more kits are up, maybe more in a day or two. Please bid lots of money on them, thanks - LINK

Ian Allen 406/09/2016 21:10:28
8 forum posts

I listed more kits and engines yesterday and today, more than I had originally planned. I think that should now be everything I have left so this is your last chance to make me rich.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2018
Motion RC
electricwingman 2017
Revoc
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us