Forum sponsored by CML

DIGIFLEET radio gear

Wanted Digifleet radio gear

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Michael Coff25/06/2016 22:44:40
2 forum posts

Hi,

Im looking for some digifleet radio gear for my vintage helicopter to keep in keeping with its retro styling.

Im in desperate need of the following parts....

pcm reciever

Instructions for a MX7 PCM transmitter

Matching digifleet TX & RX crystals

Any help would be so great.

Regards

Mike

Percy Verance26/06/2016 09:32:18
7812 forum posts
150 photos

Hi Michael

There will still be some sets out there no doubt, but it's been a while since I personally saw anyone using one. I owned my Digifleet set back in about 1990, and eventually sold it on. A friend of mine does have a set of 40mhz Digifleet gear, which he occasionally uses in his model boats. This wouldn't of course be legal to use in anything other than a surface model, and as I understand it can't readily be swapped to 35mhz.

Good luck in searching for a set.

Edited By Percy Verance on 26/06/2016 09:33:18

Nicky Strahan26/06/2016 11:35:24
24 forum posts
16 photos

Hi Mike,

I have a considerable collection of Digifleet, some converted to 2.4ghz.

I have a PCM-MX7 manual which I can scan for you. Send me an e-mail and I will get it to you.

I will look through my boxes for a PCM reciever and crystals, should be plenty of both!!.

Nicky.

Tom Sharp 226/06/2016 14:23:29
3329 forum posts
17 photos

It is best not to use PCM on heli's, the fail safe lock out time is too long and you are in the ground before signal is relocated.

Nicky Strahan26/06/2016 16:06:43
24 forum posts
16 photos

Digifleet PCM has a 1 second failsafe period, which is longish compared to "modern" sets, but you can set a selector switch in the transmitter for "failsafe" or "hold". If you use "hold" the reciever keeps all servos in their last position until a good signal is obtained.

Nicky.

Bernard Koussoulos26/06/2016 18:22:19
64 forum posts
11 photos

Hi ,I have a Digifleet TX and RX

35meg it needs crystals and servos

Tom Sharp 226/06/2016 18:53:45
3329 forum posts
17 photos

Michael,

What make is the vintage helicopter that you are fitting out

Frank Skilbeck26/06/2016 19:27:49
4340 forum posts
101 photos

I have some tx and rx crystals, not sure what numbers though. I'll check and post back.

Mark Agate26/06/2016 21:11:31
141 forum posts
36 photos

Hi,
I have 2 PCM receivers and quite a few pairs of Xtals. I wrote the software for all 3 Fleet PCM systems, so can hopefully help fill in the blanks if you don't have an MX7 manual.
They were great systems in their day (much better than the Skyleader system, which used a German micro, and had very slow response times by comparison). However, the RF circuitry can drift with age, and I never did know how to retune it! I always use 2.4GHz now of course...

Please pm me if you want more info - mark@agate.me.uk.

Trevor Crook26/06/2016 22:18:25
783 forum posts
63 photos

I've still got my Omega Tx, the last Fleet design. Alas, I've got rid of all my Fleet Rx's as I've standardised on the Futaba/JR servo plugs, and have kept a couple of Schultz Rx's - not flown on 35 for some time though.

Mark makes a valid point about the tuning, although I think the circuitry is quite stable and the standard range check should show any problems. Of more concern would be the state of the batteries. As well as a battery health check, the wiring and pcb should be checked for signs of corrosion.

Trevor Crook26/06/2016 22:26:33
783 forum posts
63 photos

Oh and Mark, well done for the excellent job on the software. The Omega uses a simple row of leds to program and display 10 model memories (Futaba had 4 at the time) and was a very cost-effective alternative to an lcd display. I helped Derek to write the manual as I could do it from a user's perspective. I still think the ability to set the failsafe position of all channels while in flight has never been bettered.

Michael Coff30/06/2016 09:47:37
2 forum posts
Thankyou for all the replies and help from the forum members I've learned a bit more and will now get this older equipment used again... I know we are all keeping up with new technology but some of us wish to restore retro models and use the original radio equipment from that period.
Kind regards to all.

Michael Coff
onetenor30/06/2016 10:35:50
1889 forum posts

Re 35mhz Xtals. I have a Sanwa Rx 6 Ch minus a Xtal If I put in a Sanwa xtal; of a number the same as the one in my Futaba Tx would that work? Also how do you identify which is the battery socket on an unmarked Rx?

Thanks guys John

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Motion RC
Revoc
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us