Forum sponsored by CML

Servo accessories

What to do with them

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Keith Evans 329/06/2016 15:54:02
366 forum posts
48 photos

I've been tidying up my servo collection as you might have gathered from my recent article on servo lugs and I've come across a load of old arms and discs .The large circular type , the small circular ones ,the large four cross and small six cross arms .

I hate to throw anything away but as yet over the years have found no practical alternative use for them .

Any suggestions ?

David perry 129/06/2016 16:23:34
932 forum posts
10 photos

Ha ha, Like you I have millions of the damned things and like you I have yet to find a use. Sometimes they make horns, I have even used them as catches to repair spring-open doors on flip-bins and things, but realistically they are rubbish to be discarded. Pity really, but I guess they have one use and one use only.

D

Mannyroad29/06/2016 16:24:29
185 forum posts
81 photos

Haha! I have loads of the same ones too! Can't bear to throw them out either.

Denis Watkins29/06/2016 16:36:53
3586 forum posts
166 photos

Glow motor throttle arms can get mangled, and the holes can become oversized, and servo arms can be used to replace these, also, I have made various sizes of "quick link" from them, as anchor points on fuselage to attach wing struts quickly, that will detach on cartwheeling.

Bob Cotsford29/06/2016 16:43:37
7786 forum posts
432 photos

I never seem to have enough 4 arm Futaba fitting ones so feel free to post them to me! Discs - I guess someone somewhere must use them, but I'd rather have a spare 4 arm horn in the packet.

What I do have are dozens of arms for various micro servos and no idea which servos they fit.

David perry 129/06/2016 17:08:01
932 forum posts
10 photos
Indeed. I wish "they" would agree a standard spline diameter. Loads of micro arms, never fit anything !

cymaz29/06/2016 18:02:41
8431 forum posts
1159 photos

This might help putting the bits in order

Peter Miller29/06/2016 18:50:31
9835 forum posts
1157 photos
10 articles

The discs can be used as reinforcement for nylon wing bolt heads.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
CML
Motion RC
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us