Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Multiplex Cockpit Sx 9

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Frank Skilbeck20/05/2017 14:22:01
4489 forum posts
101 photos

I know what you mean, I met a guy with Royal Pro, he'd fitted a board and bluetooth to the internal com port and sent the info to his smart phone, which them did voice and logged all the information.

Andy Palmer20/05/2017 14:23:19
255 forum posts
109 photos
Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 20/05/2017 14:00:31:
Posted by Ikura on 20/05/2017 13:37:28:

Hi Andy,

That looks excellent. I'll go take a look at one.

Is it easy to configure?

Very easy, even though it's all in German!, but English instructions here. If all you want is a Vario you can make one for around £12 with an Arduino board and bariometric sensor, I've made a few now.

yes I'm not clever enough to make one but I agree, it's fairly easy to set up the Unisens-E using the English instructions.

Piers Bowlan20/05/2017 15:03:54
1886 forum posts
45 photos
Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 20/05/2017 14:00:31:
If all you want is a Vario you can make one for around £12 with an Arduino board and bariometric sensor, I've made a few now.

Thanks for the English Instructions for the Unilog. Perhaps Frank, if you have the time, you might post a thread on how you made a vario from an Arduino board and a barometric sensor. It would be interesting for many I'm sure but probably beyond my meager skills.

Former Member20/05/2017 15:09:10

[This posting has been removed]

Frank Skilbeck20/05/2017 16:14:05
4489 forum posts
101 photos

I can't claim any credit, all I did was follow the lead on this forum and here and here although it all shows Frsky rxs, build it like it's going to the S Port load the software setting it to MPX and plug it in the sensor port and it works fine. I amended the code to change the addresses, but thats all I did.

Former Member22/05/2017 18:06:48

Percy Verance18/07/2018 15:54:13
8108 forum posts
155 photos

Frank

Re: Cockpit SX 7, 9 and 12. Not sure if you're aware Frank, but the latest Cockpit Sx update (from last month) means servo slow - up to 12 seconds, freely assignable switches and Safelink have now become available. There's more too, but those are the main bits.

You have to be sure to re-bind every receiver if you plan to go with Safelink, but then why wouldn't you?

Edited By Percy Verance on 18/07/2018 15:54:43

Paul Bromley10/09/2018 03:51:40
57 forum posts
1 photos

I have a cockpit sx9 which I have just bought and installed firmware version 1.4. I have a problem which I am hoping someone can help me with please. I have just managed to set up my 4 servo wing glider following the latest instructions. I am left with an issue which I can't resolve, I use butterfly i.e. ailerons up full flap on the throttle stick. Unfortunately the left roller on the rear of the tx still controls the flaps and I can't figure out how to disable it. I need to disable it as I will fiddle with it in flight !! Returning to the hobby after a lot of years away , help appreciated.

Good wishes.

Percy Verance10/09/2018 06:47:28
8108 forum posts
155 photos

Hi Paul

I got my Cockpit Sx 9 a couple of years back, and felt at the time (I still do) that the roller channels on the rear of the case are much too easy to move unintentionally. Some adjustable damping would be good. My first thought was to disable the flap movement on the particular roller channel, but that's unlikely to help as it will more than likely ruin the 4 servo wing mix you already have. I think it's referred to as crow braking rather than butterfly Paul. A far simpler solution might simply be to place a piece of black insulating tape over the offending roller control to prevent it rotating.........

Paul Bromley10/09/2018 07:53:10
57 forum posts
1 photos

Yes thanks probably a good idea, it is annoying that in the mix that control isn't disabled I am wondering whether to start again and try using free mixers instead of their 4 servo wing built in mix ! Thanks for interest.

Max Z10/09/2018 07:55:28
527 forum posts
238 photos

If the Cockpit SX follows the same programming philosophy as my Royal Pro, the following may apply:

Butterfly or Crow braking is initiated by the "Spoiler"-function which is operated by the throttle stick on a typical glider configuration. The mixers assigned to the Ailerons and Flaps will contain mixing parts (sorry, I don't know the correct term, I am used to the German version) "Flap" and "Spoiler", "Flap" being controlled by roller. If you don't want the roller to be active, you should reduce the mix percentage for "Flap" to zero in both mixers (presumably named Aileron+ and Flap+ in analogy to my Royal Pro). There should be a possibility to change your setup such that you can feed fixed amounts of "Flap" dependant on the active Flight Phase, but I don't know how to do that on the Cockpit.

Max.

P.S. I checked the manual, there is a "Hint" in chapter 10 about fixing Flap values, but without a picture or the real thing I still don't know how it is done exactly.

Edited By Max Z on 10/09/2018 08:23:37

Frank Skilbeck10/09/2018 17:36:24
4489 forum posts
101 photos

Paul, it is like the mixers in the old Cockpit Sx, like Max says if you don't want any flap input then in the mixer specify no or very little flap input the roller will do nothing.

Or if you have upgraded to v1.40 I think you can assign flap control to a different control/switch. I upgraded my mates Sx and had a quick play with it but don't have it in front of me now to check.

BTW he has the flaps on a power plane on a rear roller and really likes this.

Paul Bromley10/09/2018 17:42:06
57 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks guys , I had a good look around and found the flap screen in the mix and made it a flat line ! really grateful for the help.

Paul.

Frank Skilbeck10/09/2018 21:31:26
4489 forum posts
101 photos

Paul, good stuff, once you've flown the glider you might find a bit of camber flap for thermaling is useful, so you could then dial it back in.

Once you get into flight phases you can set different mix inputs in each flight phase, so you could have flaps mixed with ailerons in one phase for full span ailerons, flap and aileron camber in another for thermaling and then crow braking on another for landing.

BTW it's often useful to have the flap control fully active when you are setting up the flap servos and then to dial in the flap movement you require (or don't) in the mixer.

Paul Bromley20/09/2018 07:29:26
57 forum posts
1 photos

Hi again , another question , my cockpit sx9 speaker makes white noise with what (being a layman) I would describe as computer processor sounds, which is audible when in the house setting up. This happens whether the sound it turned to mute or whether the audible warnings are on or not. The audio works fine. Would you consider this a fault or possibly normal ? I don't know whether it did this before I installed 1.4 firmware. Advice appreciated ? thanks.

Former Member20/09/2018 07:53:46

Paul Bromley20/09/2018 07:59:22
57 forum posts
1 photos

Thanks thats all I needed to know !

Andy Palmer20/09/2018 10:29:45
255 forum posts
109 photos

One of the things you can do with the 1.4 firmware is add your own WAV files to any switch. They are model dependant not global so I added this one for when I'm flying my EDF F-16:

Andy Palmer20/09/2018 10:34:39
255 forum posts
109 photos

It's a fun way of winding up the club mates you're flying alongside!

Paul Bromley20/09/2018 10:51:53
57 forum posts
1 photos

yes

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
CML
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us