Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

AS3X

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mystar10/08/2016 15:30:43
64 forum posts
10 photos

i cant program my AS3X receivers with my IPhone 6s and my laptop. I connect the cable, do everything it says i should do, just keeps saying no device connected. I can however program the receivers with my old third generation Ipad. tried to phone Horizon hobby but since they have closed down their UK operation you get no reply from e-mail or phone. i thought it might be a software problem, so i down loaded the latest software from the Spektrum web site which only came out in June this year and it still didn't work. My partner has an android phone and tablet would these work better

Can anyone help, has anyone had similar problems to me

BackinBlack10/08/2016 15:47:37
124 forum posts
2 photos

David, the sequence of connection is critical. With a PC, first plug the USB cable into the laptop/pc, then plug the cable into the receiver, then power on the receiver. Any other order it won't work. You should see confirmation in the top right corner of the Spektrum programmer screen as you make each connection.

This different to the iPhone/Android sequence, this requires the lead plugging into the receiver first, then power the receiver, then connect to the phone/tablet headphone socket.

Good Luck

Mystar10/08/2016 16:02:07
64 forum posts
10 photos
Posted by Ian Reid-Jones on 10/08/2016 15:47:37:

David, the sequence of connection is critical. With a PC, first plug the USB cable into the laptop/pc, then plug the cable into the receiver, then power on the receiver. Any other order it won't work. You should see confirmation in the top right corner of the Spektrum programmer screen as you make each connection.

This different to the iPhone/Android sequence, this requires the lead plugging into the receiver first, then power the receiver, then connect to the phone/tablet headphone socket.

Good Luck

Ill try when i get home from work, I'm not very hopefull as it connects to my IPad first time every time.

Mystar11/08/2016 10:07:48
64 forum posts
10 photos
Posted by Mystar on 10/08/2016 16:02:07:
Posted by Ian Reid-Jones on 10/08/2016 15:47:37:

Good Luck

Ill try when i get home from work, I'm not very hopefully as it connects to my IPad first time every time.

As i thought, didn't workangry......... a while ago when i mentioned this to one of our club members he suggested that it could be the cable that s to fault. he had heard that the early cables had some reported problems. and mine is one of the early ones and was free with my AR636. im scratching my head here.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!