By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

PROXXON FET TABLE SAW

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peter Stevens 116/08/2016 14:56:16
1 forum posts

I am new to model making and thinking about purchasing the Proxxon FET Table Saw is this the best option or is there a similar one on the market.

Percy Verance16/08/2016 15:40:11
8108 forum posts
155 photos

Hi Peter

There are others out there, but you won't go far wrong with Proxxon. Superb quality. yes

The old adge that says you get what you pay for certainly hold good with Proxxon........

I take it you mean one of these Peter?

proxxon-saw.jpg

Edited By Percy Verance on 16/08/2016 15:41:13

Percy Verance16/08/2016 15:49:43
8108 forum posts
155 photos

Hi again Peter

I just realized this isn't actually the saw you meant. You are thinking of the bigger more sophisticated version. As can be seen Peter, I use the lighter less costly one, and it's coped with everything I've asked of it. With care, it'll even cut 10mm ply. It's in it's absolute element stripping down some hard sheet into strip. A lovely bit of kit for £100 or so.........

Terry Walters16/08/2016 16:04:42
1831 forum posts
1068 photos

I've got one the same as Percy's and it is a great labour saver in the workshop. I've even cut 12mm ply on the standard blade but took it slowly but it did it in a much faster time than I could've cut it with a handsaw LOL! Really like it and would miss a lot. Can't see what I need a more sophisticated bit of kit for - other blades are available to make easier work of different materials.

Terry

trebor16/08/2016 18:04:14
1907 forum posts
214 photos

They are ideal for balsa, the blades seem to flex a bit on hard ply if you feed it too fast. Best bit is cutting slots and less sanding on edges yes

PeterF16/08/2016 19:02:48
453 forum posts
623 photos

I have the FET version, excellent purchase, cuts balsa, ply, birch, slots for under carriage and I have put 3mm epoxy glass board through mine without issue. Getting edges at 90 degree is a boon and the ability to cut uniform chamfers is very useful.

Luther Oswalt21/08/2016 18:20:01
138 forum posts

Take a look at this one - http://www.byrnesmodelmachines.com/ Leo

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us