Forum sponsored by CML

Piers's A4 Skyhawk

The story so far...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Piers Bowlan17/08/2016 07:28:24
1707 forum posts
41 photos

This is not so much a build blog as that has been covered so well by others elsewhere, just a few details about what I have done differently. Plus, I am a bit late to the party in any event! I haven't built a PSS model for about twenty years so it is about time that changed. Recently I have been contenting myself slope soaring my foamy HK Vampire, which it does rather well.

The Fuz went together quite quickly without any issues apart from having to use quite a lot of pressure to pull the nose in. A few more saw cuts and some big clamps sorted that. I have been trying the Super Phatic glue which is new to me. I know it is all going to get covered but I don't like the staining of the wood, perhaps I am just a messy builder!

Piers Bowlan17/08/2016 07:44:46
1707 forum posts
41 photos

A4 Tail Group

I haven't bothered with the scale 'fluted' tail that others have done, mainly because I intend to film cover the model which would be tricky. As you can see I have spent the time instead on making a working rudder, for those knife edge Farnborough passes (yea right!). Just dry assembled to check full and free movement. I will plane/sand and cover all the parts before final assembly.

Piers Bowlan17/08/2016 07:56:30
1707 forum posts
41 photos

Servo installation

The other end of the snakes attached to a Hitec HS 85MG for elevator and an HS 60 for the rudder. Also a bit of triangular stock reinforcement next to F3. Probably not necessary as the Fuz is very strong.

Mark Kettle 109/10/2016 23:46:37
2160 forum posts
1303 photos

Coming on Piers watching with interest.

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 09/10/2016 23:47:04

Piers Bowlan10/10/2016 02:36:16
1707 forum posts
41 photos

img_3120.jpgThe completed Airframe awaiting some film covering for a Blue Angels scheme. Sadly I won't make The Great Orme this year as it is a bit of a trek from Sussex and I live just ten minutes walk from some great soaring sites.

J.H. Rood10/10/2016 03:53:29
170 forum posts
204 photos

Beautiful work, Piers. She's looking really nice.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Revoc
Motion RC
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us