Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

spe 26

help required

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Rick North 221/04/2008 20:54:00
8 forum posts

hi to every one ,can any one explain a spe 26 cc petrol engine for me?

I have bought second hand an unused spe 26 it has two JR type plugs leading to the ignition module,am I correct in thinking one is for a battery to provide power for ignition and the other is for a kill switch?if so where do the plugs go ? Is there a sevo deep in the fusalage below the tank ?or is it an electricaly controlled switch?any info gladly recived.Rick

Clive Moore23/04/2008 09:08:00
150 forum posts
28 photos

Rick, I don't know the engine that you have, however, on my Jen 26cc petrol it also has the same connections, one is for the battery (to power the ignition) and the other one is where the sender unit (small box with a lead located near the prop driver) plugs in for the spark timing.

You will need a switch between the ignition battery and the ignition unit, this allows you to kill the engine and also save battery power when not running the engine. I use heavy duty rx style switches for mine.

Rick North 223/04/2008 13:54:00
8 forum posts

Hi Clive thanks for the info,indeed the system seems the same.On mine I have a female futaba plug for the ignition battery and a male futaba plug ,I dont know where this go's. The plug to the battery go's through a switch and the male futaba plug appears to be connected through the switch maybe it plugs into a reciever channel and is an electricaly operated switch?

Rick

Clive Moore24/04/2008 11:55:00
150 forum posts
28 photos

The male plug should connect to the ignition sender unit which will be a very small box fixed to the chassis near the prop driver with a cable and female connector on it, this unit sends a pulse to the ignition to tell it when to make the plug spark and is timed to happen when the petrol air mixture is coming under compression in the cylinder to ignite it (combustion)

Just a word of warning, most electronic ignition systems do not like being powered up when not connected to the spark plug so best to make sure its in place before connecting any battery power. 

Rick North 224/04/2008 13:43:00
8 forum posts
Thanks Clive

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Addlestone Models
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us