Forum sponsored by CML

Barnhardt B2

RCM and E plans

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Chris Cudlip16/09/2016 11:11:24
63 forum posts
136 photos

Hi all, some 25 years ago my late Grandfather built, and almot finished, a scaleish WW1 monoplane from a free plan in a RCM and E magazine. The name of the pane - Barnhardt B2.

For some reason he lost interest and left the build at the covering stage before storing the it away in his loft. Since his death, the plane has been stored in my shed. The wings unfortunately didn't survive, but the fusalage and tail surfaces did.

The build is of exceptional quaility, with lovely basswork undercarrage. I would like to complete the wings and get her airbourne.

I have only just found the original plans which had been stored in a box of papers, before then i had no idea of the origin, or name, of this build.

I have searched Google and have found a short video of a completed model and a link to Ebay for the plans. Other than that, there is no other information.

I thoght I'd start a thread to see if anyone remembers the model or maybe even built one. I will upload some pictures of the fusalage later.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

Roger Marshall12/10/2017 03:31:55
43 forum posts
38 photos

Hi Chris,

Just over a year ago you started this thread.

l can`t believe I somehow missed it after searching this site for longer than that... to find a Barnhardt B2 builder/ owner/ flyer...

You`ve not added the photos though??

I purchased an airframe without wings as part of a joblot from Ebay a couple of seasons ago.

I have original plan set and mag issue build article.

I have built wings, that are not from the same plans and remains ongoing.

The firewall disappeared as soon as I thought about fitting an engine to it!

I would be interested to know how far you got with your project...

I think I`ve seen just one video online of this B2 model.

I`ll just nose around your photos to see if you have one there!! smiley

Regards Roger

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us