Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Bj's Modellflyg videos

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bjarne Kvilvang06/02/2017 19:21:31
169 forum posts
Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 06/02/2017 19:05:40:

Hi Marius , like father like son thumbs up........Congrats !

Note: Hello Bjarne ,Let your thumb healed as soon as possible face 1

Cheers

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 06/02/2017 19:09:33

It's hard to wait for the thumb when you are used to fly several times a week........ smile p

/Bjarne

Bjarne Kvilvang08/02/2017 01:03:27
169 forum posts
I've been working hard on finalizing my new hobby-room/workshop and also managed to get the thumb into the table saw. As thumb flyer it's a bad combination so there has not been any flying before a small test this weekend. This is the first flight with my injured thumb and it went great, not much to complain about.

My next flight did not go as well as this one. Was flying together with my son and did something that resulted in a lot of pain in the thumb and crashed straight down in the frozen tarmac.

Video of the crash is coming later this week so don't forget to subscribe so you want miss it.

Hope you like the video.

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang
Flying electric and metanol planes and has been flying sens early 80's
Currently do I have about 20 planes in the hangar, wingspan from 50cm to 250cm.
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel, normally do I upload videos several times per month.

Josip Vrandecic -Mes08/02/2017 11:01:18
2993 forum posts
260 photos

The true fliers suffer great pain crying 2 but still flying ! face 1

Ciao

Bjarne Kvilvang09/02/2017 00:24:51
169 forum posts
Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 08/02/2017 11:01:18:

The true fliers suffer great pain crying 2 but still flying ! face 1

Ciao

Absolutely Jo, cant stop flying.......... thumbs up

Cheers

Bjarne Kvilvang10/02/2017 17:12:41
169 forum posts
This is the first time me and my son is flying together, however did it not end quite as we had planned.

I'm flying with an injured thumb after a brief encounter with my table saw, and did something that resulted in a lot of pain so I couldn't manage flying. So absolutely a pilot error. The damage was fixed in about 30 min, just one ski, propeller and one Wing Strut broke. The Wing Strut was an easy fix to.

The conclusion is that Durafly Tundra can defiantly take a beating.

Hope you like the video.
Do not forget to subscribe to my channel ......................

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel, normally do I upload videos several times per month.

Bjarne Kvilvang16/02/2017 16:41:06
169 forum posts
After 12 years gave the system with one servo for the ailerons on the Multiplex Magister up. In high speed did they locked themselves up because of the airflow over the wing so that it could not make a turn or get out of a turn you were already in. So I've now built into two standard Futaba servo with short straight pushrods that should not bend or give under load.

Here is the very first test flight after the rebuild.

Hope you like the video.

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

Bjarne Kvilvang18/02/2017 19:46:19
169 forum posts
We have since last summer worked a little now and then to build my new hobby room / workshop. Now it's finally done and I can begin to move in some equipment, planes and other accessories. But there are still a lot of equipment, tools and not least the rest of the models (10-15 models) that still has to be moved in. I have been asked to make a video of it and I also wanted to show off my new little "Man Cave", so here's a little video of how it looked from when we started and until it was done with its my own design and solutions.

Hope you like the video.

Do not forget to subscribe to my channel ......................smile d

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

fly boy318/02/2017 20:22:35
3529 forum posts
18 photos

Hi BK. Congratulations, you have done a fabulous job there. Looks like you have thought of everything. It has been well thought out, and really well built. Only thing missing is fridge to keep some beer, you deserve it. Cheers

Josip Vrandecic -Mes19/02/2017 12:50:55
2993 forum posts
260 photos

Hello Bjarne , What an impressive job you did.....smile o...I am speechless !

Ciao

Bjarne Kvilvang20/02/2017 08:36:56
169 forum posts

Thank you fly boy and Josip............... wink

//Bjarne

Bjarne Kvilvang21/02/2017 12:34:35
169 forum posts
A small video of my Diamond 2500. Got an urge to test it as it's long time since I flew a gliders last. So we went out in the winter cold with 5-6 ms wind. Blew pretty good up high, so much that I could soar pretty good on the cross wind. Was just a short flight due to cold fingers after just a 10 minutes flight.

Hope you like the video.

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang
Bjarne Kvilvang25/02/2017 07:55:55
169 forum posts
A wonderful day out in the sunshine, fresh snow and ski with Carbon Cub Z, better relaxation than this is hard to find.

Hope you like the video.

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang
Josip Vrandecic -Mes25/02/2017 10:04:06
2993 forum posts
260 photos

Beautiful day in unreal beautiful landscape. This is a cure for the nerves and the formula for long-lasting life.wink 2

Cheers !

Bjarne Kvilvang26/02/2017 17:13:13
169 forum posts

Flying like this is my way to charge my internal battery's......... smile d

Cheers.....laugh

Bjarne Kvilvang06/03/2017 15:07:29
169 forum posts
A wonderful day out in the sunshine, fresh snow and two Durafly Tundra. I with my Tundra along with my son Marius and his Tundra.

Hope you like the video.

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

Bjarne Kvilvang09/03/2017 15:13:28
169 forum posts
My nephew had some really bad luck and crashed his STM DHC-2 Beaver hard in June 2015. When I heard that he had ordered a new one and would throw the old one did I say that he could give the broken one to me so I could see if it was possible to repair it. Now have I put together this puzzle and made new pieces and new motor mount that were either lost or could not be repaired. Yesterday did it flew again for the first time in nearly two years, almost everything can be repaired if one tries.

Link to the video where he crashes it exists in the video's description on YouTube.

Hope you like the video.

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

Bjarne Kvilvang13/03/2017 15:01:07
169 forum posts
Wanted to test the soaring characteristics of this model, so I took it up quite high. After 7 minutes of flying had I only use the engine for 2 minutes, not bad given the lack of thermals in the cold. Looking really forward to sunny hot summer days where you can sit in a good chair and just enjoy soaring. With the 4S 5300mAh that I use can I without any trouble to fly 30-45 minutes at a time if there are no thermals.

Hope you like the video.

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang
Josip Vrandecic -Mes13/03/2017 20:07:48
2993 forum posts
260 photos

Dear Bjarne , with so many models to say what is your favorite? .... not the best but, your favorite ? wink 2
Regards

Jos

Bjarne Kvilvang14/03/2017 18:06:45
169 forum posts
Wow For many years was the small GWS E-starter my personal favorite due to it's size. Small, fun, easy to fly and you could fly it anywhere, I had it in my car all the time due to it's size.

Now have the Tundra taken over for the same reason and the Tundra is more durable and even more versatile the the old E-Starter. There is just nothing that you can't do with the Tundra, it's the perfect model for beginners to advanced, perfect year round wheels, floats and skis.

But when I'm going out to the field and have planned to be there a whole day is my Cub's a favorite. I have one Carbon Cub Z and an old balsa Cub that is 220 cm wingspan med a 4 stroke methanol engine. These are my go to planes of my larger models.

But I do also enjoy all my other models as well, And I try to fly them all regularly

Cheers Bjarne
Josip Vrandecic -Mes15/03/2017 09:26:46
2993 forum posts
260 photos

Hi my friend ,I knew it !!! .... you love all your models .... that's what I expected because I think so...smile

Ciao

Jos

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 15/03/2017 09:27:03

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us