Forum sponsored by CML

Lidl Fret/Scroll Saw

It's made by Scheppach

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dai Fledermaus28/09/2016 17:41:54
1019 forum posts
52 photos

Despite some iffy on line reviews by people who have bought one in the past, I picked a Parkside scroll saw today from Lidl.

The price shown was £49.00 reduced from £59.00, but when I got it to the till I found it had been reduced again to £39.00.

I'm not expecting Hegner quality, but it's actually made by Scheppach, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Stephen Jones28/09/2016 19:18:37
2652 forum posts
1503 photos

Hi,

I bought one at the full asking price when they 1st went in the shop .

I have used it several times now and for my casual use i am happy with it thumbs up.

I also noticed that they have reduced the price by £10 to £49. And wished i had waited.

So for you're £39 you have a real bargain,thumbs up

Well done smiley

Steve

David Molineux28/09/2016 21:39:54
123 forum posts
18 photos

I bought one for 59 quid a few months ago and I've been really happy with it. Like you say, it's made by scheppach in Germany 😃

I've got a couple of 'parkside'' tools actually and they've all been pretty good especially for the price.

Dave.

Gordon Nicol16/02/2017 20:30:27
81 forum posts

they are probably all gone by now but Sunday 5 Feb LIDL have mini disc sanders on sale for £29.99

good little sander , you need to use a set square to accurately set up the table angles but it works pretty well, I have used it to square up end sections of balsa and spruce

tonight I used it to sand down formica patterns/guides to cut a foam wing excellent finish and needing only a light sanding with fine wet and dry to give it an extremely smooth edge

the sanding disc size is 125 mm , so your only going to be using half of that. speed is variable , up to about 3000rpm ad it is pretty smooth with little vibrations at the slower speed, but it comes witha clamp to fasten it down onto a bench or table if needed

my local shop had 10 to start with, today there were 2 left

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us