Forum sponsored by CML

Retro aircraft

Super Murgatroid

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Chris Freeman 329/12/2016 12:59:43
225 forum posts
292 photos

kitfox 328.jpgkitfox 327.jpgkitfox 322.jpgA flying buddy of mine challanged me to build an airframe for a diesel motor as he said I need experience the pleasures of diesel as my electrics are not for real men! As I have been building and flying models for over 45 years and never flown a diesel motor I thought it was a good idea. My Buddy gave me a Webra 2.5cc so a airframe had to be found. My son had recently built a Super 60 with a ED Hunter so I knew what to expect, lots of oil! My son posted a picture of a Super Murgatroid on the South African model forum and soon a link was posted to RC groups that included a basic plan which was soon printed and enlarged to the size wanted 1.6 m. A kit was made as I was going to visit my wifes mother for a few days and they love shopping so I build on the coffee table in her lounge! The airframe was built in the 4 days we were there and completed when we returned home. The fuselage is covered in silk and has a 2 k clear coat. Wings are plastic, the green is 30 year old Monokote. Weight is 1kg ready to fly and was maidened on Saturday after a little fiddling with the motor.

The aircraft flies very well and the diesel is a whole new experience but an enjoyable one but I will not be selling off my electrics yet.kitfox 323.jpg

Andy G.30/12/2016 09:18:55
413 forum posts
215 photos

What a beautiful looking model! Currently all of my RC flying is currently electric, but as a lifelong free flighter and control line flier I have a lot of diesel motors and this has tempted me to build something similar.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us