Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Price Increases On Engines from The Far East

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Wasaforumite19/01/2017 18:53:26
126 forum posts
35 photos

Tart from the bread shop!? Don't know what you mean!

Jon - Laser Engines19/01/2017 18:57:33
4730 forum posts
174 photos
Posted by Dai Fledermaus on 19/01/2017 18:29:51:
Posted by Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 19/01/2017 17:00:26:

I think most of the chinese companies deal in USD so im not surprised its on the up.

Time to support UK manufacturers, and thats not a sales pitch, just a reminder that people like Radio Active and SLEC, DB models, Warbirds and Cambrian as well as ourselves and plenty of others all make things here so costs will remain reasonably static. We are keeping a close eye on our material cost as steel has gone up a fair bit as has the bronze we use for our bushes, but within reason things should remain a little more static.

Would I buy an SC 70FS for £165, or a Laser 70 for £209. Now let me think! Jon I think you'd better get a bigger order book.

Working on it!

Percy Verance19/01/2017 20:41:42
8109 forum posts
155 photos

Well there's a comparison if ever there was one. I know which one will still be running superbly 20 years from now.....

Worth every penny of £209 in my humble opinion.

Pete H19/01/2017 21:17:30
71 forum posts
58 photos

I made my choice and a new Laser 70 arrived in the post today.

John Emms 122/01/2017 10:11:27
231 forum posts

The trick, if you want a particular item, is to search for pre-June 2016 stock. I am thankful that almost all of our aeroplane kits have gone, because the overseas kits are looking very expensive now, when compared to DB, SLEC etc, and of course, Flair are slowly going back into production.

As the pound was falling, I did look round to see which of the Czech sport and aerobatic models are still available, and I was surprised to see that Top Model, who I used to see as being too expensive for the UK market, are not looking at all expensive when compared to current offerings from HK. So I am very pleased to have a nearly complete Top Model Antic (63" Magnatilla type model designed for 3S electric power systems) that came through on my card statement around £145, and I find myself eyeing both the DB and SLEC web sites.

I am not a Laser user, but if I still flew glow, I would be!

gangster22/01/2017 10:28:44
929 forum posts
16 photos

Not sure if there is any comnection but the price of second hand Chinese engines seems to have gone up or at least are sitting on eBay with high starting prices. Even blackened tired old specimens of old models that were worth a punt at £15-£20 are starting at 30 or 40. Don't know if they are selling tjpugh

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us