By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Charging

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Diamond Geezer21/01/2017 15:00:16
334 forum posts
8 photos

Hi guys

Fairly new to electrix I have bought an in line charging board for charging up to 6 battreries in line for my mcpx blade 3.7v 1s200 mah batteries the question I have is how does it work do I set the charge rate at. 2 of an amp or do imultiply by 6 and charge at 1.2 amps

Simon Chaddock21/01/2017 15:19:55
5810 forum posts
3075 photos

Diamond G

If as I assume the batteries are all connected in parallel then you set the charge rate to a maximum of 6 time the individual battery charge rate.

However unless you are sure all the batteries are at roughly the same level of charge it might be prudent to set it a say half that to avoid the condition where the lowest charge battery gets a 'heavy' charge until its voltage has risen to the same level as the others.

Diamond Geezer21/01/2017 15:39:59
334 forum posts
8 photos

Thanks

Bob Burton21/01/2017 18:59:54
186 forum posts
Posted by Simon Chaddock on 21/01/2017 15:19:55:

Diamond G

If as I assume the batteries are all connected in parallel then you set the charge rate to a maximum of 6 time the individual battery charge rate.

However unless you are sure all the batteries are at roughly the same level of charge it might be prudent to set it a say half that to avoid the condition where the lowest charge battery gets a 'heavy' charge until its voltage has risen to the same level as the others.

Won't the cells almost instantly be at the same voltage as soon as they are plugged in because they are in parallel, so they will all get the same charge current. That is not to say that as far as possible all of the cells should be at or near to the same voltage before plugging them in.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Subscribe now
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!