Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Balancer lead

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

James Thomas 202/02/2017 16:28:00
20 forum posts

Hi, got a question, I have just bought a ARTF model,( Unknown mini racer but with Radio ,ESC and Motor plus 2 micro servos) and the Lipo is a 500 2S with a tiny White two pin plug and normal XH balancer plug. Now to recharge it I need a matching Plug, which I don't have!! Can I recharge,with a low Charge current useing just the Balance plug?? I need the original plug to connect to the ESC, Help please!!

Simon Chaddock02/02/2017 16:53:43
5683 forum posts
3021 photos

To balance charge any LiPo of more than one cell you need to use the balance plug and an appropriate LiPo charger. wink 2

Many small LiPo chargers like this only charge through balance plug but do require a suitable 10 - 15V supply..

James Thomas 202/02/2017 17:00:04
20 forum posts

I have a good Lipo charger, but want to know if the Lipo will Charge just from the Balancer socket and with no main leads connected?

Phil Green02/02/2017 18:51:15
1581 forum posts
318 photos
Posted by James Thomas 2 on 02/02/2017 17:00:04:

I have a good Lipo charger, but want to know if the Lipo will Charge just from the Balancer socket and with no main leads connected?

Some small 'toy' chargers charge via the balance plug alone, but generally 'proper' chargers dont.
If you have a B6 or generic 4-button charger then you can if you make up a lead, charge pos to balance pos, charge neg to balance neg. Easy peasy 2 minute job.

Cheers
Phil

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!