Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Horizon Hobbies

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
MattyB28/04/2017 19:49:50
1960 forum posts
30 photos

Very interesting - HH are resurrecting the PZ brand with two re-releases, the Artizan and the Stinson Reliant. A change of heart, or an effort to restock their pipeline of "new" products at absolute minimum cost? You decide...

Erfolg28/04/2017 20:40:28
11402 forum posts
1209 photos

I do not believe it< I have stripped my PZ Stinson Reliant because I could not get a spare wing to replace the damaged one I have. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

DIGGER29/04/2017 07:26:52
133 forum posts
4 photos
Posted by Paul Marsh on 28/04/2017 17:00:11:

I want to buy the new UMX Waco, Wildcat and the Commander, and all out of stock. Even Spektrum receivers are either out of stock, or the prices have shot up.

Vendors on ebay are selling the AR610 for over £70 in some cases, one is even selling one 610 for £99!

One time, they were around £20 for genuine ones, but not any more.

You find that with alot of things, take for instance Hobbyking parts, I have seen on ebay items double the price. Some people are to gready, perhaps it would be a good idea to start a list of places where you have seen Spektrum goods for sale at reasonable prices, that way we can all benefit.

Chris

I_AM_MARKEVANS29/04/2017 08:12:59
117 forum posts

I asked the same question on their Instagram account, why they are bringing Parkzone back. They said it never went away because the Sport Cub is still available under that banner, and i asked then why did they bring some of the models out under the Eflite brand like the Radian + Visionaire if the brand never went away.

Strange one.

I couldn't resist the new Torrent 110 also and had to order if off the new website. It was showing in stock when i grabbed one then was back unavailable a few hours later. No email on shipping status so guess i gotta play the game now and wait to see if i got one or not.

Dave Bran04/05/2017 13:38:29
1898 forum posts
5 photos

I contacted HH on 9th APRIL due to problems I (and others ) were experiencing with a newly released model (Blade 130S). as the dealer could not help nor gain contact with HH for support. I had made a lot of effort to bottom out the issue and offer a solution before that contact.

TODAY 5th May I received a reply, which said:-

"Contact your Dealer."

Goodbye HH, I will no longer buy your products. (Neither are those around me who know what I have experienced)

jonryan04/05/2017 13:47:21
161 forum posts
12 photos

I needed a new antenna for an RX. I contacted the British number for HH,and it was explained that now this would have to be sent to the German address, which was provided. A couple of days after sending it, I got an email saying they would fix it, and send it back, which they quickly did.

There was no charge, even though the damage to the antenna was my fault.

This sort of outstanding service is something that needs to be both encouraged and supported. I will have no hesitation in using HH again.

Erfolg04/05/2017 13:48:23
11402 forum posts
1209 photos

Perhaps at least part of the issue is the dealers knowledge.

Of course HH does on the face of it select the dealer, on the basis that the business is able to support effectively its products.

Considering the apparent inability of the dealer to support you initially have they brought the issue to the attention of HH, to obtain a solution, I wonder.?

Trevor Crook04/05/2017 20:38:04
869 forum posts
65 photos

Dave, you are legally entitled to the dealer you bought it from fixing it or giving you a refund if it is not fit for purpose.

Dave Bran04/05/2017 21:08:29
1898 forum posts
5 photos

The dealer cannot support a customer if THEY cannot reach HH. They (a LARGE model retailer and major seller of HH product) were like me left support less for near a month, not even the decency of an acknowledgement.

Its a wider issue than a fix or refund. I HAVE a workround solution to a problem with the model that is affecting a fair number of people (but not all) worldwide.

I'm now after a lot of effort OK by only by my own actions without help. I can and have helped a very few others I know how to contact,

I mistakenly thought that HH might actually want to be aware of and correct something getting the product a bad name and be able to help people having this issue (which can and has caused injury, BTW!!).

Wrong................... Germany a near month to bounce it back to dealer, USA no reply.

Dave Bran04/05/2017 21:12:43
1898 forum posts
5 photos
Posted by jonryan on 04/05/2017 13:47:21:

This sort of outstanding service is something that needs to be both encouraged and supported. I will have no hesitation in using HH again.

Perhaps if they supported the right people, people (in number) with newly issued equipment that was IN warranty and clearly faulty over those freeloading, the whole system might actually work!

Cuban807/05/2017 11:07:01
2774 forum posts
13 photos

If anyone has so far been successful in using the HH German repair service, how did you do it? Looking at the HH website, service is given very little attention and I can see no obvious way to contact them to arrange sending an item back. Putting 'service' in the search box just returns "no subject found"surprise

Perhaps I'm missing something here?

Denis Watkins07/05/2017 15:21:22
3914 forum posts
61 photos
Posted by jonryan on 04/05/2017 13:47:21:

I needed a new antenna for an RX. I contacted the British number for HH,and it was explained that now this would have to be sent to the German address, which was provided. A couple of days after sending it, I got an email saying they would fix it, and send it back, which they quickly did.

Ben B07/05/2017 16:05:27
1403 forum posts
4 photos

The amount they charge for some of their gear the service should be good. £15 for a servo extension lead? A AS3X receiver is £45 but then you have to buy a £20 programming lead to switch on the AS3X functionality and what they don't tell you is that if you want to upgrade the firmware you have to use the USB PC version and not the Android/Iphone version they push in the receiver manual....... so that's another £25....

Trevor Crook07/05/2017 19:59:27
869 forum posts
65 photos

I managed to program an AR636A with the £25 usb cable. Difficult to make price comparisons with these receivers as I don't think any of the other major manufacturers sell an equivalent.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator07/05/2017 20:07:06
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Trevor, I suggest you broaden your horizons (pun intended!) and take a look at the S6R receiver from FrSky - £33 and well comparable!

BEB

Andrew Ray07/05/2017 20:20:39
717 forum posts
19 photos
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 07/05/2017 20:07:06:

Trevor, I suggest you broaden your horizons (pun intended!) and take a look at the S6R receiver from FrSky - £33 and well comparable!

BEB

£25.20 (£26.40 for the EU LBT version) from T9 in Bradford, the S8R is £31.91.

Edited By Andrew Ray on 07/05/2017 20:21:55

Devcon107/05/2017 20:24:28
1378 forum posts
486 photos

Great value and a good receiver with stabilisation but don't forget you still need an STK programming cable which you can also use for firmware updates.

Trevor Crook07/05/2017 21:00:17
869 forum posts
65 photos

Yes, BEB, as a dinosaur I was only considering comparable brands that you can actually go into a shop and buy. Can you do that with Frsky now? I know that Orange also do a receiver with stabilisation, but didn't mention that for the same reason.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator07/05/2017 21:36:18
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Hi Trevor,

To be honest I don't worry to much about being able to "go into shop" - the nearest shop to me is 20+ miles away. - with difficult parking! As is the case for many others these days.

If you like to buy 'local' well, there are UK based online purchases possible from T9HobbySport and some others. Also large multinationals on line such as HobbyKing etc. So no problems with supply I think.

BEB

Trevor Crook07/05/2017 21:59:10
869 forum posts
65 photos

Don't misunderstand me BEB - I buy plenty on line, although I prefer to make major puchases "over the counter" as it's much simpler to get things sorted if you have a problem. I was merely trying to make a fair comparison between Spektrum and other "conventionally" distributed brands such as Futaba, Hitec, Multiplex etc. As far as I know none of them sell the equivalent of AS3X.

Notwithstanding the above, modern stuff is so reliable that I would have few qualms if I had to buy radio on line.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us