Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Battery connection to receiver

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Keith Sharples17/02/2017 09:48:13
152 forum posts
2 photos

Sorry this may sound a bit of a numpty question. I have just acquired a DX8 Gen2 with AR8000 8 channel receiver. Coming from 35Mhz this is my first adventure into 2.4Ghz.

With 35Mhz receivers there is a specific port for the battery. On the AR8000 receiver there is no specific port. I have read the instructions and bound the receiver which worked fine. In the binding instructions it says plug the battery into ANY open port which I did. Am I right in thinking that after binding the battery can be plugged into the BND/DAT port leaving the 8 channels usable.

Thanks

Pete B - Moderator17/02/2017 09:55:09
7641 forum posts
733 photos

Yes, no problem with that, Keiththumbs up

Pete

Denis Watkins17/02/2017 10:08:55
4334 forum posts
104 photos

It can get bewildering Keith, but do as you did, open the site to 1st search the site with a keyword, just to check for preexisting answers, then pop your question in if nothing helps

Ace17/02/2017 11:02:14
304 forum posts
17 photos

Keith, Just remember once everything is set up, direction, travel, fail safe choices etc. that you rebind to lock them in.

gangster17/02/2017 11:13:15
1010 forum posts
17 photos

Ace surely that only applies to the failsafe settings

Ronaldo17/02/2017 11:28:35
253 forum posts
17 photos

I have a few of the excellent AR8000 in my models. I use a short Y lead plugged and left in the BND/DAT port permanently, I then connect the battery into one socket of the Y lead (secured with a lead lock), and leave the other socket free as the BND/DAT connection in case I should have the need to re-bind or to check the data. You can still bind with both the battery and bind plug plugged together into the BND/DAT port at the same time using the Y lead. Saves a lot of messing about unplugging leads to free up the BND/DAT port again especially if you are using all the 8 channels for servos.

Ronaldo

Ace17/02/2017 19:26:34
304 forum posts
17 photos

Gangster, true and I included failsafe in the advice. And as the AR800 has failsafe you are obliged by law to have it active.

Horizon Hobby advice direct from the manual:- After you set up your model, always rebind the transmitter and receiver to set the desired failsafe positions. See FAILSAFE on the next page.

Keith Sharples18/02/2017 20:06:51
152 forum posts
2 photos

Hi All.

Thanks for the answers, it's pretty odvious things have come on a huge amount since I was last doing the hobby 20+ years ago. I did have another question but I think I have it sorted now, with research on this forum.

I'm also hearing conflicting tales about Orange receivers and lack of range, then others say Lemon are just as good as Speckrum all so confusing, given time and more forum reading I will have it sorted. I'm going to stay with good old IC powered models for now. The next adventure is electric flight, all these 4s, 6s lipos, esc sizes, in runners and out runners and the calculations for correct size and battery drain..................... aaaaaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhh new brain needed!

Anyway I will get there............. eventually. Again thanks for those who answered the original question.

Keith

Denis Watkins18/02/2017 20:28:48
4334 forum posts
104 photos

Be careful forum reading as you need to gleen off what you feel to be sensible. Trust your instincts

And keep going

Edited By Denis Watkins on 18/02/2017 20:29:10

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!