By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

It makes me so angry!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Rocker02/06/2017 22:35:17
351 forum posts

It has happened again .You ring up the Model Shop to confirm they have the article you want and it is in stock,they confirm they have the item in stock so you order it .3 days latter and the order is showing "pending " you ring the shop up to find out why the order is showing "pending" to be told that it is out of stock and they have to order it in .Mind you they have debit your credit card for the said amount rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! That is one model shop I will not use again

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator02/06/2017 22:49:09
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Very frustrating!!

BEB

cymaz03/06/2017 06:48:35
9334 forum posts
1211 photos

I have a few regular model shops I use on the Internet that have pretty good stock control.

Model Fixings

Kings Lynn Models

Wheelspin

BalsaMart

RCWorld

I'm sure there are others...

Chris Walby03/06/2017 06:52:17
1325 forum posts
332 photos

Does anyone know your legal position (consumer rights), so if you were absolutely specific to ask if they had it I stock for dispatch and then clearly they cannot fulfil this within defined time.

Can you then cancel your order and get a full refund? Do these suppliers need to be taught that this is an unacceptable practice.

The problem is it has an adverse affect of suppliers who actually hold stock on their shelves or come clean and say they need to order t from their distributor (thus you know you will have to wait).

I will have to go to the shed and bash some balsa just to calm down....well that's my excuse for my self prescribed modelling therapy!

Piers Bowlan03/06/2017 08:02:04
2168 forum posts
53 photos

I have experienced this twice from hobby type companies but not experienced it elsewhere. On both occasions I had to wait weeks, once for some paint and another time for an ESC. Neither companies are now trading, I wonder why?! Has anyone experienced this behaviour outside of the model trade?

Phil 903/06/2017 08:09:57
4287 forum posts
256 photos
Posted by cymaz on 03/06/2017 06:48:35:

I have a few regular model shops I use on the Internet that have pretty good stock control.

Model Fixings

Kings Lynn Models

Wheelspin

BalsaMart

RCWorld

I'm sure there are others...

same for me but would also add

Model shop Leeds

Gliders distribution

SMC

Hobbyking

Peter Miller03/06/2017 08:39:23
11367 forum posts
1342 photos
10 articles

And I will add Pegasus Models in Norwich.

The actually list the number in stock against the item.

Cuban803/06/2017 10:48:57
3034 forum posts
1 photos

A quick perusal of the distance selling regs states that ordered items must be delivered within 30 days of ordering and a 14 day cooling off period exists so orders can be cancelled by the customer for any reason within that period - delivered items must be accepted for return by the seller, no matter what the reason within 14 days of the buyer receiving them.

We're very well protected by the law as consumers, but delays do occur from time to time and it is frustrating to have to wait for an 'in stock item' (30 days max as above). Paying by PayPay also gives another layer of protection, in particular for overseas orders that are not covered by UK regulations.

It's happened to me a couple of times and on each occasion the seller has been very apologetic and offered an immediate refund if I didn't want to wait. I've also had PayPal refunds when orders have gone wrong.

http://www.onlineshoppingrights.co.uk/understanding-uk-distance-selling-regulations.html

Edited By Cuban8 on 03/06/2017 10:50:39

onetenor03/06/2017 10:59:57
1901 forum posts

I too have had refunds from Psy Pal when goods never arrived.Very prompt service too.

Stephen Smith 1404/06/2017 16:49:34
236 forum posts

You should try Apex models, they take your money and just don't send the item, luckily I had paid with paypal and was refunded eventually.

Essjay04/06/2017 17:57:32
578 forum posts
1 photos

Talking of items not being in stock, why is it when a new model is introduced, in my case the new mini Wot4, that websites say you can pre-order, but take the whole amount while waiting for it's arrival.

I've had a mini Wot4 on order with a well known model shop now since it was announced in Jan/Feb, and I'm now informed it will be July before they are in stock.

That means that the model shop will have had the full amount for 6 months or so before I get it. Sure I could have cancelled, but what was stopping them taking a small deposit (say 10%) instead of holding on to my money for 6 months?

Steve

Edited By Essjay on 04/06/2017 18:00:11

Phil 904/06/2017 19:43:18
4287 forum posts
256 photos
Posted by Essjay on 04/06/2017 17:57:32:

Talking of items not being in stock, why is it when a new model is introduced, in my case the new mini Wot4, that websites say you can pre-order, but take the whole amount while waiting for it's arrival.

I've had a mini Wot4 on order with a well known model shop now since it was announced in Jan/Feb, and I'm now informed it will be July before they are in stock.

That means that the model shop will have had the full amount for 6 months or so before I get it. Sure I could have cancelled, but what was stopping them taking a small deposit (say 10%) instead of holding on to my money for 6 months?

Steve

Edited By Essjay on 04/06/2017 18:00:11

Steve I dont have much sympathy with you on this one I'm afraid. there is nothing stopping you holding onto your money until the product is actually available. Sometimes you may find an item at a better price elsewhere once stock is on the shelf. Unless investing in a kick-starter project there is little point in paying in advance. I realise by doing so you hope to reserve an item but if you choose to do this then you just have to wait it out

Nigel R05/06/2017 11:02:45
4081 forum posts
694 photos

"You should try Apex models, they take your money and just don't send the item, luckily I had paid with paypal and was refunded eventually."

In my case, they were fine about a refund and did so as soon as asked. This was on a "supplier stock" item so not something they ever physically held in their shop, and the delay was initially with the item coming from their supplier. However the delay went on a bit too long so I simply went elsewhere.

"pre-order"

there's a phrase that gets my goat

Edited By Nigel R on 05/06/2017 11:04:36

Martin Harris05/06/2017 12:24:38
9502 forum posts
256 photos

While I have no sympathy with retailers that take money knowing the goods are not in stock or immediately available for dispatch from their third party suppliers, pre-ordering does have a valid place...if demand for a new item is likely to exceed initial production, pre-ordering puts you at the head of any queues.

Clive Hall05/06/2017 13:08:36
93 forum posts
44 photos

I had a particularly good experience recently with Pegasus models. I ordered some Koverall on line, and then remembered a propeller I should have included in the order. A few minutes later I placed a second order, wishing I had remembered it in time to have to pay only one postal charge.

Later that day the phone rang – it was Pegasus, who had spotted that two orders were to go to the same address. They also said the prop I wanted was out of stock so they suggested an alternative that they considered better, and at a lower price. They further said the two orders would be in one package, and later I received refunds for both the less costly prop and the difference in postage. Pegasus is now my first choice when ordering on line.

Simon B05/06/2017 13:36:28
1936 forum posts
284 photos

I've just in the middle of having a very poor experience with TJD Models. I ordered a wire undercarriage on 19th May and then chased up the order with an email on 26th May when it hasn't arrived. I waited another week and still no email and they've failed to reply to my second chase up email so far! Really hacked off and I've opened a paypal dispute now.

Dave Bran05/06/2017 13:58:16
1896 forum posts
5 photos
Posted by Simon B on 05/06/2017 13:36:28:

I've just in the middle of having a very poor experience with TJD Models. I ordered a wire undercarriage on 19th May and then chased up the order with an email on 26th May when it hasn't arrived. I waited another week and still no email and they've failed to reply to my second chase up email so far! Really hacked off and I've opened a paypal dispute now.

Many model shops are poor with EMail response times, and yes, I have found TJD to be one of the slow ones. However, they, again like many others, are a different matter to deal with by telephone. You don't say you have given them the courtesy of a call before launching a PP dispute. I hope you have.

Nigel R05/06/2017 14:44:37
4081 forum posts
694 photos
If a shop runs a web based shop, they probably should expect customers to be dealing with them via email...

Martin I'm struggling to match the two statements in your post regarding "pre-ordering" and taking money for stuff that is knowingly not in stock.
Simon B05/06/2017 15:00:41
1936 forum posts
284 photos

Hi Dave, I haven't called them because every time I've had the ability to call it's been out of their office hours. 3 1/2 weeks is plenty enough time to expect a reply though. In this day and age there is little excuse.

Martin Harris05/06/2017 16:18:18
9502 forum posts
256 photos
Posted by Nigel R on 05/06/2017 14:44:37:

Martin I'm struggling to match the two statements in your post regarding "pre-ordering" and taking money for stuff that is knowingly not in stock.

Pre-ordering is simply ordering in the knowledge that the item isn't yet available. A retailer may well ask for a deposit or pre-payment as a precaution against speculative orders. I see nothing underhand in this...

Edited By Martin Harris on 05/06/2017 16:19:42

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!