Conversion to RC

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Stephen Jones24/05/2018 23:12:34
2498 forum posts
1448 photos

Hi Guys,

Just an observation by me,

The Black body and wings are heavier and stronger / less flexible than the others.

So in my opinion make up a Black Glider.

mk2 finished.jpg

Steve

Speedster31/05/2018 18:12:45
352 forum posts
156 photos

More Lidl

Cheers
Soren
David Ovenden31/05/2018 19:42:11
325 forum posts
16 photos

Now here's a thing. Got two of these, intending to convert to rc. However, the grandchildren have had such fun using them as intended (chuck gliders) that I have given them both gliders to keep. Bought a HK Super Kinetic for myself instead!

Edited By David Ovenden on 31/05/2018 19:42:54

Martian02/06/2018 16:01:24
1920 forum posts
910 photos

The flitetest guys are doing the same thing with a Wal-Mart glider

Martin McIntosh02/06/2018 19:03:53
2516 forum posts
948 photos

You could try Laser Engines. I use an M10 sleeve nut from them, but APC `E` are a far better bet than using i/c props.

Soren Nielsen13/06/2018 07:38:35
1 forum posts
For some reason I grabbed a handfull for my kids and then I see this. So are these a beginner friendly option? Or should I get a starter kit with an engine? Of the shown conversions which are the easier to fly?
Best regards
Soeren N
Yeah but from Sealand
Speedster16/07/2018 18:45:43
352 forum posts
156 photos

Lidl XL gliderplane, Summer.dk

Cheers
Soren
Speedster16/07/2018 18:45:44
352 forum posts
156 photos

Lidl XL gliderplane, Summer.dk

Cheers
Soren
MicroBirds19/08/2018 20:33:28
3 forum posts

cute little glider, anyone know if they still sell this Lidl?

rc gliders

Edited By MicroBirds on 19/08/2018 20:34:18

Robert Cracknell19/08/2018 21:30:51
106 forum posts
6 photos

Lidl kit is a bit like the Mayfly - as any trout stream fly fisherman will tell you it appears for a fortnight and is then gone - never to be seen again..

I have often told friends about Lidl bargains, they go and find no stock and if you ask the staff if any more are coming in you get a shrug of the shoulders.

Lidl must spend a fortune getting heavy items like compressors, bandsaws, generators, pillar drills etc branded so why only have them on offer for a month maximum? Why don't they have a back order system?

Robin Colbourne19/08/2018 23:20:47
390 forum posts
4 photos
Posted by Robert Cracknell on 19/08/2018 21:30:51:

Lidl must spend a fortune getting heavy items like compressors, bandsaws, generators, pillar drills etc branded so why only have them on offer for a month maximum? Why don't they have a back order system?

By limiting the supply it achieves two things for Lidl. Firstly, you will buy when you see them, so you don't miss out; secondly, you will keep going in to see the latest offers and probably buy some of their standard stuff whilst you are there, and before you know it you are a regular customer. This approach also means they can have a much smaller shop than if they had all the items all the time. There are only so many gliders or compressors that they will sell in a year, so if Lidl can shift them all in a fortnight, they can then use the space for something else. Maybe we would still have plenty of model shops if they did aircraft one week, trains the next and cars after that?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Overlander
Airtek Hobbies
Motion RC
Expo Tools 14 July
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us