Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Battery Charging Help Please

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
RC Plane Flyer10/06/2017 16:14:52
624 forum posts
22 photos

Hello Michael I would have replied earlier but trouble logging in. So assume you have flown for 10 mins or so your battery maybe down at 25% capacity give or take, recharging your Lipo at recommended charge rate ( 1C ) 2.2 amps it usually take my charger 45 mins to fully recharge. So yes you will need another battery or three

Trust this may answer you query

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 10/06/2017 18:24:01

Denis Watkins10/06/2017 16:52:42
3808 forum posts
52 photos

Just noticed your post Michael

We never leave a battery on charge, or charging unattended.

But get them ready by charging at 1 x the capacity as RC points out

A flat battery is charged within the hour and will hold that charge quite some time

A Lipo Auto Charger will beep when your pack is fully charged

A battery checker is an handy tool and will give you a readout after flying

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 10/06/2017 18:25:25

Michael warner 210/06/2017 18:22:22
2 forum posts

Hello everyone I am an old git who is making their first post on this forum under the instruction of my son who is also no spring chicken. Please could anyone tell me how long it takes to charge a 2200 mah lipo battery. I am using one in my Fred and am wondering if i will need another so that I always have one on charge

Steve Hargreaves - Moderator10/06/2017 18:30:54
6716 forum posts
189 photos

Hello Michael....welcome to the forum.....thumbs up

We try to keep threads "on topic" here at ModelFlying...if your post is not relevant to the topic being discussed please start a new thread. Hijacking other peoples threads tends to confuse & dilute the information being offered.

I have started a new thread for you & moved the other contributors threads here also.....unfortunately they are out of order chronologically now (ahem embarrassed) but I'm sure members will be able to follow...

Michael warner 215/06/2017 20:25:51
2 forum posts

Thank you very much for your help

Allan Bennett15/06/2017 21:03:21
1534 forum posts
39 photos

What people have said about charging rate and time is correct, but I would suggest that you look at buying several packs to save the hassle of charging at the field.

When I started in electric flight I only had one or two packs per model because of their price, and I re-charged at the field while flying another model. More recently I've discovered what others have probably known for years, that some of the cheap HK and Chinese batteries are quite good -- and they're MUCH cheaper than the ones I was originally using.

So now I can afford half a dozen batteries for each model size, so no need to charge at the field and no need to wait between flights (unless I feel like a chat with other club members).

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us