Forum sponsored by CML

Sky bird

Building instructions

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tom Flynn 116/06/2017 12:11:45
83 forum posts
1 photos

can anyone help me, I'm looking for the instructions from Radio Modeller September 1986 to build the Sky bird. Happy with an emailed copy or what ever. Thanks Tom

Bill_B16/06/2017 15:39:13
1147 forum posts
11 photos

I'm sorry I can't help you Tom, but it was one of the most fun to fly 3 channel sport models I built back in the day (I think I built mine in '88). It went really nice with an O.S 10 FSR up front and was guided by Sanwa radio as I remember.

Good luck if you build one. thumbs up

kc16/06/2017 20:29:18
6914 forum posts
175 photos

I have the mag with the article - send me a PM with your e-mail address and i will e-mail a scanned copy to you in a few days.

There is also a Skybird 40 53 inch span for a .40 in Aviation Modeller Int March 1996 which is the later enlarged version by Ian Peacock & Gordon Mellish. I will scan that too if you need it.

kc18/06/2017 15:29:25
6914 forum posts
175 photos

I notice that there is another design called Skybird with an RM 198 number on the old MyHobbyStores now Traplet site That one is by Brian Barfoot and is a slope soarer!

However the free plan from Sept 1986 RM is a 3 function power model by Ian Peacock & Gordon Mellish and is presumably what Tom wants to build. No plan number is shown in the magazine. The AMI Skybird 40 is a larger version by Ian Peacock / Gordon Mellish and of course .40 powered 4 function ( inc rudder)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
Subscribe now
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!