By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Graupner Terrible Customer Service. Advice?

Zero response from Graupner customer service

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dominic05/07/2017 13:57:02
24 forum posts
14 photos
A bit of advice please...

I bought a Graupner ARTF plane from a UK seller which turned out to have a faulty wing servo. I contacted the seller who sent me a replacement servo but it wasn't original spec and would mean that I'd have to hack a bit off the wing of my new plane which I didn't want to do.

I've sent Graupner three emails asking if they could send me an original spec servo but I've not had a single reply... not even an acknowledgement. I even sent them video of the faulty servo.

The plane is all glued together so can't be returned without smashing it up. Graupner are not bothered about trying to resolve the problem.

Question is, I'm not sure what to do next?
Steve McIntosh05/07/2017 14:21:15
84 forum posts

To be fair your issue is with the UK seller not Graupner. I would be back on to them. If they have a problem they go back to Graupner not you.

Jon - Laser Engines05/07/2017 14:39:59
4799 forum posts
179 photos

In a past life working in a model shop we would on occasion accept back models hacked in half following an issue like this. The snag is we needed the cooperation of our supplier before we told the customer to go at it with a hacksaw.

I would try and deal through the shop you bought it from as much as you can

Denis Watkins05/07/2017 15:13:50
3883 forum posts
60 photos

The telephone numbers and the returns form are on their site

https://www.graupner.com/Graupner-Service.

To return just the faulty servo

Edited By Denis Watkins on 05/07/2017 15:14:53

Dave Wilshere14/07/2017 21:24:57
56 forum posts

Graupner have recently changed their support in the UK, letters have now gone out to retailers, but its early days and things are still being put in place. I'm (Motors & Rotors) now the UK support for Graupner products. In this instance the retailer should contact me 01923 270405 Info@motorsandrotors.com and I'd try and sort things out.

I'm on a vertical learning curve catching up on radio things, but I have a long and happy relationship with Graupner (they were one of my first agencies-back in the good days)

Dave Wilshere

Edited By Dave Wilshere on 14/07/2017 21:25:22

Peter Christy14/07/2017 22:31:27
1554 forum posts

Dominic: If this can be sorted, Dave will do it! (see post above).

I can thoroughly recommend him. Do as he says and get your retailer to contact him.

--

Pete

Erfolg14/07/2017 22:44:04
11373 forum posts
1202 photos

The issue could be that Graupner are no longer the Graupner of yesteryear. They are now the sales outlet of a far Eastern company.

Technically or that is with respect to UK, or is that EU legislation, the issues are with the retailer. In reality if the manufacturer are not interested, what can you realistically do?

In essence Graupner have gone, long live, who is it?

John Lee15/07/2017 09:41:44
653 forum posts
48 photos
Posted by Erfolg on 14/07/2017 22:44:04:

Technically or that is with respect to UK, or is that EU legislation, the issues are with the retailer. In reality if the manufacturer are not interested, what can you realistically do?

You can claim you money back from the retailer under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 if they fail to cooperate go to Trading Standards

Dominic15/07/2017 10:11:55
24 forum posts
14 photos
Posted by Dave Wilshere on 14/07/2017 21:24:57:

Graupner have recently changed their support in the UK, letters have now gone out to retailers, but its early days and things are still being put in place. I'm (Motors & Rotors) now the UK support for Graupner products. In this instance the retailer should contact me 01923 270405 Info@motorsandrotors.com and I'd try and sort things out.

I'm on a vertical learning curve catching up on radio things, but I have a long and happy relationship with Graupner (they were one of my first agencies-back in the good days)

Dave Wilshere

Edited By Dave Wilshere on 14/07/2017 21:25:22

Cheers Dave

TBH I've given up with both the UK seller and Graupner - For the cost of an original spec servo (plus P&P) it wasn't worth the grief. Nearly four weeks without even getting close to a a resolution....

Seven emails to Graupner and two to the UK seller. Response from Graupner...? The person who deals with problems is off sick with no idea when he'll be back, so tough... you'll just have to wait. Response from seller...? Incorrect servo sent in replacement then no response to request for original spec servo.

Would I purchase a Graupner again? Probably not.

Would I order from the UK seller again? Definitely not.

I'm not in the business of public naming and shaming but Dave if you want to know who the seller was feel free to PM me.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us