Forum sponsored by CML

RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI

Advanced mass build

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Colin Leighfield17/07/2019 22:39:34
5889 forum posts
2459 photos

Hope you get back to normal soon Ernie, that’s bad luck.

Stuart Rusby02/08/2019 11:19:57
24 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Danny. No doubt I'm being stupid but do we assume Dennis Bryant wants us to glue both the fin and tailplane to the fuselage? Seems a little unusual...

Thanks, Stuart

Danny Fenton02/08/2019 20:07:07
9082 forum posts
3928 photos

Hi Stuart, yes that is the idea. Its a bit awkward to work out the sequence, as the sternpost, for the want of a better word has to be glued on after covering. Not entirely sure I have worked it out yet.

Cheers

Danny

Klippy03/08/2019 08:46:38
750 forum posts
13 photos

My apologies if this has already been mentioned, the full size had its fin set at an angle of 7degrees to counteract prop wash (if memory serves) are we intending to do the same?

Danny Fenton03/08/2019 09:18:58
9082 forum posts
3928 photos

I should go with whatever Dennis has put on the plan. If the model is IC then prop wash behaves differently with a small fast prop. If you are using a large slow prop with electric, then the offset would be worth considering.

Just my opinion

Daithi O Buitigh03/08/2019 09:27:51
1354 forum posts
49 photos

It's something overlooked in so many scale models. The Fokker D VII and D VIII also had the fin offset and the Messerchmitt BF 109s, from the F series onwards, used a Clark Y section on the fin/rudder. Most scale drawings don't show it, but close examination of photos do show it (as in the Knowlton D VII)

Jim Andrews 119/08/2019 17:39:05
17 forum posts

danny as I approached the wire bending I became "chicken" and built a couple of free flight models!! I have bent nearly all of the 12 and 10swg bits but please tell me how to get those acute bends in the cabane joiners? Have I missed a trick and they are thinner wire. Someone please help before I start a different model

Jim A

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us