Forum sponsored by CML

RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI

Advanced mass build

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Graham Donaldson03/02/2020 17:23:10
31 forum posts
8 photos

Well, that's the Fury finish and ready to fly. However I will be waiting for some warmer weather to spend time rigging it. We've been flying in zero temperatures recently on some fine days. Too cold to spend time fiddling. I'm afraid my Fury is somewhat agricultural compared to others on the forum. Here are a couple of pictures.

Graham

Andy Sephton 103/02/2020 17:52:18
155 forum posts
392 photos

Nice one Graham - I'll look forward to seeing it in the flesh!

We must organise a Fury Fly-In now that models are coming up to a flying standard.

Martian03/02/2020 18:02:11
2380 forum posts
1121 photos

Lovely looking Fury Graham.

Danny Fenton04/02/2020 09:34:10
9317 forum posts
4125 photos

Excellent job Graham well done, that looks fabulous!

Cheers

Danny

Martin Fane04/02/2020 10:03:17
317 forum posts
332 photos

Looks brilliant Graham, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at the Fury meet yes

cheers

Martin

Martyn K04/02/2020 10:08:26
5041 forum posts
3677 photos

I agree, that looks lovely. Nice that its not standard Silver as well.

Not agricultural at all. Looks the business.

Martyn

Graham Donaldson04/02/2020 10:44:04
31 forum posts
8 photos

I appreciate all your positive comments. It's made the effort worth while. Hopefully in due course I'll get some flying shots. I'm not sure about a Fury meet, Aberdeen is a bit far from all you folk, but you never know.

Polished silver was a step too far hence the camouflage in South African colours.

Graham

Colin Leighfield04/02/2020 10:59:57
5980 forum posts
2500 photos

If mine looks anywhere near that good I will be very pleased. Good one Graham. I need to work this indoor stuff out of my system and get back to the Fury.

Eric Robson11/02/2020 11:45:48
56 forum posts
6 photos

Hi Graham and all. this is my first posting as a new comer to the forum. I have been looking at the builds and I would like to congratulate the builders on some fine models, The Fury looks good in any colour but. I do like the camouflage scheme,mine I think will be silver. have sent for the fury part set from Sarik but I would like to know if the etched parts are still available. or if anyone has a set to spare. I tried to order some from the etcher's.but they said I would have to get permission of the designer who I believe lives in France.

Eric r.

Martian11/02/2020 17:59:34
2380 forum posts
1121 photos

Hi Eric and welcome also welcome to the Furites ,I answered your message but non the less the info you need is from page 37 of this thread . Good luck I enjoy your build and ask as many questions as you like 😎

Eric Robson11/02/2020 19:42:22
56 forum posts
6 photos

Thank you Martian,I have contacted Ernie hopefully they are still available, it was about 25 years ago I made the Bryant Bulldog and my close up vision was much better then. Making the fittings is very time consuming and I can think of a lot of things I would rather be doing but the weather is not good for flying at the moment. looking forward to taking part on the forum I will post updates when I get started. At the moment I am finishing a 65" span ME 109 E from a Cambrian kit.

Danny Fenton11/02/2020 23:46:00
9317 forum posts
4125 photos

Welcome Eric, i am dead chuffed we are inspiring scale building still. The Fury is a bit of a slog, i would suggest stick to the plan and you will end up with a lovely model and excellent flyer i look forward to following your progress.

Cheers

Danny

Graham Donaldson12/02/2020 15:19:58
31 forum posts
8 photos

Danny I wondered if have you any idea how many Furys are under construction - must be a fair number now. Must try and get the BT Mosquito back on the building board after over a year lay off.

Graham

Eric Robson12/02/2020 16:27:04
56 forum posts
6 photos

It's good to know there are still a lot of people balsa and foam bashing and it would be good to know how many Furies are in production or recently completed. Danny I will stick to the plan apart from the front end, I will go electric on this one. I bought a bare airframe of a Flair SE5 at Cosford last year, I had one when they first came out flew it for years but a faulty servo piled it in on a concrete runway. The fuselage was soaked through with fuel after 7years of use so it was scrapped I electrified the present one and it fly's like a Pitts at full throttle flying it at the scale speed gives 11 mins. flight .Graham are you going electric with the Mosquito?

Eric r.

Martian12/02/2020 16:32:59
2380 forum posts
1121 photos

Hi Graham

I count 11 build blogs plus I know some others are building outside of this forum of those I don't know how many are completed

Ernie13/02/2020 12:46:46
2519 forum posts
21 photos

Well, I've got a very nearly completed airframe. Some bits are covered, and finished yellow. It's the silver covering thats difficult. I'm using the mick reeves foil, its difficult. The finish underneath needs to be perfect. I've used Glass cloth, and about a zillion coats of primer.

ernie

Eric Robson13/02/2020 12:54:46
56 forum posts
6 photos

At least the weight is going to the front Ernie

Ernie22/02/2020 09:11:42
2519 forum posts
21 photos

Good morning furious guys, and especially Danny

I'm experimenting on the Fury with aluminium finishing systems. Best yet is the mick reeves system, but, I would like to try FliteMetal. I've tried ordering from the website, and I've tried to email them, all with no result.

Help

ernie

Danny Fenton22/02/2020 19:40:12
9317 forum posts
4125 photos

Hi Ernie, you are not the first to ask. It seems Very difficult to get this side of the pond. Martin picked some up whilst on a trip Stateside. Might be the only way.

Have you looked up Ed Stephens on RCScalebuilder?

Cheers

Danny

Danny Fenton22/02/2020 19:44:36
9317 forum posts
4125 photos

Hi Ernie, you are not the first to ask. It seems Very difficult to get this side of the pond. Martin picked some up whilst on a trip Stateside. Might be the only way.

Have you looked up Ed Stephens on RCScalebuilder?

Cheers

Danny

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us