Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Which Engine??

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
RICHARD PATERSON09/07/2008 18:52:00
17 forum posts

Hi guys,

I have just purchased an ultimate .90 bipe, could anyone advise me on the best engine for it, 2-stroke, 4-stroke,  .90 - 1.20 i really can't decide. If anyone has one or can help me decide could you please let me know. Also the optimum fuel is another decision

Thanks for any advice

Eric Bray10/07/2008 11:30:00
6600 forum posts
2 photos
If you want to potter prettily around with it, go for a 4s 90. but if you want to wring it's neck, shoe-horn in the biggest engine that will fit! If you have too much power (unlikely) you can always throttle back once it is in the air!
simon barr10/07/2008 17:34:00
1032 forum posts
16 photos

Hi Richard,

A mate of mine had the Top Gun Ultimate, is this the same as yours?

If it is, he had an OS 120AX in it...went very well

Ralph Yeates31/07/2008 12:00:00
218 forum posts
18 photos
I have the great planes Ultimate 160 running a Brison 52cc petrol some say over powered I say lets go vertical and hang on the prop. As Eric says the throttle is there for a reason.
Engine Doctor03/08/2008 10:11:00
2254 forum posts
24 photos
Hi Richard . I have a black horse ( or is it a seagull ) artf ultimate . I bought it at the swapmeet at last years Hop farm show.I had a SC 120 lying idle so fitted it and Its a perfect match. Flys superb with plenty of vertical.etc. Obviously cant prop hang like the guy with the Brison 52cc motor but is a great flyer . The other good thing about it is that it fits in the car all assembled so no fiddling about at the field.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
CML
Addlestone Models
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us