Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Bixler mods ?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
fly boy313/07/2017 22:03:45
3602 forum posts
21 photos

Hi all , thinking of buying the current Bixler from HK. As I love aerobatics, would the model need any mods. such as stiffening of wings,tail plane etc, or leave well alone ? Thank you, FB3

NigelH14/07/2017 06:36:04
891 forum posts
1 photos

I've been fancying the Bix 3 but if you look at the reviews on the HK UK site, apparently, it has a few issues. Some look easier to fix than others. It seems that the tail servos are hard to get out but prone to stripping. Not a good mix. I decided against buying one when I read that.

Denis Watkins14/07/2017 08:34:44
4081 forum posts
77 photos

FB, hobbyking have quite a few aerobatic models in your range that would require no modifications.

Have a look at the MX2 3D as an example. They also have some balsa built up models

Richard Wills 214/07/2017 23:36:54
189 forum posts
7 photos

I have had a Bix 3 for 2 years now, no mods, flown lots, used as FPV and trainer, and the only problem I have had is the decals coming off! It is a great model. It can be bullied into aeros, but not great at them. You would be far better off in my opinion with a Wot 4 foamie, or a Riot or similar.

fly boy315/07/2017 21:15:26
3602 forum posts
21 photos

Thanks all for your replies, will have to have a think about this. As Richard said, if model has to be forced to do some thing it was not designed to do, it won't help my flying. Thanks. FB3

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us