Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

LMA Elvington

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
LMA Dave26/07/2017 21:52:32
221 forum posts
75 photos

Just over 3 weeks to go to Elvington the LMA's second largest show and one of the best attended event of 2016, let’s see if we can make it better this year. Camping is from Friday till Monday making it a long weekend break, also there is live entertainment on Saturday evening in the Chocks Away bar, everybody is welcome.

We also have a massive trade line once again and plenty of food stalls etc... and of course not forgetting some of the biggest and best large models will be displaying throughout both days. A program will be given on entry to the show which will hopefully give you a chance to plan you day with us.

So what are you waiting for, get them tickets book now, go online at www.largemodelassociation.com/shop See you all there.dp7q4241.jpg

john stones 126/07/2017 22:54:44
10189 forum posts
1475 photos

Be there on the Sunday Dave, get sunshine ordered. hot

Tom Sharp 227/07/2017 01:37:50
3313 forum posts
17 photos
Posted by john stones 1 on 26/07/2017 22:54:44:

Same here

LMA Dave27/07/2017 07:43:30
221 forum posts
75 photos
Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 27/07/2017 01:37:50:
Posted by john stones 1 on 26/07/2017 22:54:44:

Same here

Sunshine is on order, with lest wind for this year. coolhotthumbs up

LMA Dave27/07/2017 10:08:19
221 forum posts
75 photos

Also forgot to mention, there will be a bring and buy both days in the beer marquee,

If you want to sell anything and would like a allocated space, the cost is £10.00 all proceeds goes to charity. Please bear in mind you still have to pay the entrance fee.

LMA Dave30/07/2017 11:18:18
221 forum posts
75 photos

Just a quick update for you all. Here is a list of confirmed traders so far for Elvington. With more coming in everyday, we expect this list will be much longer.

All Steamed Up
Al's Hobbies
Baileys Tools
Balsa Cabin
BMFA
Cambrian Model Co
Concept Models
Crafty Products
Falcon Aviation
Grabit Adheasives
IAD Model Designs
Inwood Models
Janet Rawlingson
LMA
Model Technics
Nexus
P.G's Nuts
Peak Tools
Propguy
SLEC
Solutions
Southern Modelcraft
Tuvey's Trinkets
Wren Power Systems Ltd

LMA Dave01/08/2017 18:40:16
221 forum posts
75 photos

With only 8 day to go before Elvington, we have just had confirmation that Keith Mitchell's Lockheed Constellation will be making it first public show after passing all it test flights and receiving its certification to fly in font of the public. This is great new and we are looking forward to seeing her fly, cameras at the ready.

connie.jpg

LMA Dave01/08/2017 18:43:22
221 forum posts
75 photos

Another quick update for all of you who are coming to Elvington in 8 day time. It has just been confirmed that a Spitfire & Hurricane from BBMF will gracing the skies above our event on Sunday afternoon time to be confirmed on the day. Due to them having other commitment this will be on a Sunday only, sorry.

spit&hurr.jpg

Percy Verance13/08/2017 09:35:10
7567 forum posts
145 photos

A Good show/day out.

After the report I heard from one of our club members that last year's show didn't seem as good as usual, I wasn't sure what to expect this year. This was my first Elvington visit in perhaps 5 or 6 years, however I was pleasantly surprised to see that the show seemed well up to expectations. Perhaps slightly fewer traders than years gone by, but a decent show nontheless.

The very large models, although not my cup of tea personally, were impressive, as were the various turbine powered jobs. I couldn't help but notice toilet facilities seemed a bit thin on the ground though. Anyone else notice?

Good hearty grub to be had in the NAAFI, although I was a bit surprised to discover that you now have to pay an additional entrance fee to access the museum. Previously you paid the single entry fee, and this got you access to all areas: a la Old Warden style.

Denis Watkins10/08/2018 11:49:02
3495 forum posts
165 photos

11th and 12th August, that's tomorrow

malcolm woodcock 111/08/2018 06:59:49
389 forum posts

Weather looking good for Elvington, bright sunshine and gentle breezes. Packing sun blocker, hat and credit card.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
Revoc
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us