Traplet statement

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Beth Ashby Moderator02/08/2017 09:44:12
276 forum posts
53 photos
130 articles
Morning all,

Please read below the official statement from Sarik Hobbies in regard to Traplet.

Sarik Hobbies Ltd. are pleased to announce they have acquired the rights to sell many of the products and services previously offered by Traplet Publications, excluding magazine publishing.
A new web site is under construction and we hope to be in the position to offer these products and services in the near future.
We hope to update you again soon.

Sarik Hobbies

As and addition to the previous statement regarding Sarik Hobbies, please be aware that the company has not taken on any of the liabilities of Traplet Publications, whose creditors should consult the administrators MB Insolvency, using the contact details below:

Email:      information@mb-i.co.uk 

Anyone who placed a credit card order with Traplet exceeding £100 should contact their card provider to claim their money back using section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. Some card companies also offer consumer protection using a 'chargeback scheme' that may cover lower amounts, so again, please check with your card provider.

Sarik Hobbies

Here at Sarik Hobbies we are now getting close to the point where we can begin selling the former Traplet products.  We will post here as soon as things are in place such as phone line, website etc. 

Just  a quick note here to clarify the original Sarik Hobbies statement, that we would be offering "many of the product and services of Traplet"
We can confirm that ALL the plans and parts, including wood packs will be fully available, along with vac-formed and fibreglass accessories. 
This of course includes the old Traplet plans catalogue in it's entirety featuring the Brian Taylor, Dennis Bryant, Phil Noel, Duncan Hutson plans to name but a few.  The huge range of MyHobbystore plans are also fully available too.
Though not so relevant to readers on this thread, it's perhaps  worth mentioning that all boat, engineering, railway plans, line drawings etc along with kits from Myhobbystore and the former Traplet are included as well.

Sarik Hobbies 

Edited By Beth Ashby Moderator on 08/08/2017 10:41:58

MattyB02/08/2017 09:54:18
1918 forum posts
29 photos

...ok, so I take it that means we are allowed to discuss this here now, correct?

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator02/08/2017 09:56:29
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Yes - as its not specualtion it is based on an official statement. This is what we have been waiting for and trying to get members to wait for!

BEB

Geoff Parkes02/08/2017 09:59:36
100 forum posts

Beth, thats the best news, lets hope they do their best to keep all plans , parts available ,I realise this is a tall order, but saving something is better than loosing eveything, I will keep looking and hoping. Regards Geoff.

Martyn K02/08/2017 10:14:07
4856 forum posts
3538 photos

I have just written to Sarik asking if they intend to honour outstanding non-magazine related orders. I'll report back here but don't hold your breath.

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 02/08/2017 10:42:04

Tony Bennett02/08/2017 10:47:15
5074 forum posts
129 photos

That "Official" statement came out before the last lot of "moderations" were enforced.wink

also i had a letter from the insolvency company a week ago notifying me as i am a creditor.

but i was afraid to say anything in case i got told off.

anyway.

it is a great shame that they have gone to the wall.

Tony B

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator02/08/2017 10:55:59
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Off topic posts removed

BEB

Paul C.02/08/2017 11:29:48
577 forum posts
139 photos

I was initially pleased to see that Sarik had managed to salvage something from the demise of Traplet. But I have just looked at who runs/ran these companies and it appears to be the same people ? Can someone set the record straight please have I got this wrong ?😯

Confused

Nigel R02/08/2017 12:47:16
2920 forum posts
470 photos

"But I have just looked at who runs/ran these companies and it appears to be the same people ?"

Perhaps so, but if Sarik are a legally separate entity, then it means a safe way to move the plans & associated assets to Sarik without risking them going to Traple's creditors, or being sold/auctioned/destroyed.

I imagine the plans / laser cutting / parts service is a fairly low-risk business proposition, vs the magazines side of the company which can't be an easy one to take on - indeed if the same company directors have moved the plans archive without the magazine side, then that would seem to suggest they have decided to stop the publication side of things.

Edited By Nigel R on 02/08/2017 12:53:34

Guvnor02/08/2017 13:07:53
115 forum posts

Just be thankful the plans and kits will be returning one way or another.

It really doesnt matter who posts them...

kevin b02/08/2017 13:09:37
1645 forum posts
133 photos

Paul C.

That's how it works.

After the Government and the Banks, the Directors of the company are probably the biggest creditors and in a position to do a deal with the liquidators. The liquidators job is to get the best return they can from the company's assets for the creditors. Obviously the government and the Banks won't be interested in anything other than cash. All the other creditors will have to wait and see what's is left, if anything.

The fact that the Directors already had another company ready and able to purchase the assets is open to speculation. Many of us who have been in business see this happening all the time. There is nothing illegal about it. How the "Company" was run before its demise will no doubt be looked at very carefully to make sure there were no irregularities.

Paul C.02/08/2017 13:31:59
577 forum posts
139 photos

Hi Kevin, thanks for the info just glad I am not in business myself sounds far to complex . Just hope that the new owners will be able to help out our fellow modelers who have outstanding orders with Traplet (not me by the way) that would be great way to start off their new venture, hope it all goes well for all concerned.

Paul.

Fanyak02/08/2017 13:45:20
79 forum posts
31 photos

the most important thing is the plans and parts go on selling. Who is going to sell them will not be worrying. I think so.

Keith Lomax02/08/2017 13:59:03
203 forum posts
Posted by kevin b on 02/08/2017 13:09:37:

The fact that the Directors already had another company ready and able to purchase the assets is open to speculation.

They have been directors of Sarik Hobbies since 1997 and 2010 respectively, although up until 2015 it was filing accounts as a dormant company.

Don Fry02/08/2017 15:35:10
3724 forum posts
42 photos

Off topic, but it it still raining/windy in the UK, or has some hacker published our expenditure on this hobby to SWMBO united forum.

Because I am reading a load of grumpiness today on this and other threads. No one had died.

kc02/08/2017 15:35:10
5921 forum posts
168 photos

It's worth saying that there seems to have been 2 Sarik companies - Sarik Hobbies may be newer than Sarik Vacform. Sarik Vacform made parts for our hobby for many years I think, with addresses in Bristol & Ledbury.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator02/08/2017 16:41:26
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

More off topic posts removed. And regretably we have had to now resort to sanctions. Something we never wish to do.

Please stay on topic, the topic is the official announcement in the OP.

BEB

kevin b02/08/2017 16:52:11
1645 forum posts
133 photos

A difficult one for the mods this one.

This situation is not new and has happened many times in the past. Magazines companies regularly fail all over the world. It is often due to the fickleness of the readers as well as poor management.

The difference this time is the existence of the internet and the ability for ANYONE to post opinions wherever the forums / social media will allow.

Understandably the owners of this website do not want to be involved in any potential legal arguments regarding other company's legal situations.

Too many forumites (and not just here) have little, or no understanding of the legal implications regarding their postings, which after all are written statements.

Dave Hopkin02/08/2017 16:57:51
3672 forum posts
294 photos

Perhaps we should hold off the rejoycing for a while, at least until we understand the full meaning of the phrase "they have acquired the rights to sell many of the products and services previously offered by Traplet"

Traplet had many different portfolios in differing hobbies and crafts - as "many" does not mean "all" we are not yet out of the woods as t were

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator02/08/2017 16:58:55
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Thanks for the comment Kevin, very perceptive and accurate! - but let's keep strictly to the topic please! That way we have no problems.

BEB

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Addlestone Models
CML
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us