By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Pacemaker

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Phil puderecki17/08/2017 23:21:42
1 forum posts

In the 80's living in Europe i used to fly a Pacemaker pattern plane, i sold it when we moved to Canada. I am going for knee surgery this winter and will be off work for a while it would be the perfect time to build another one.

Anyone would still happen to have a set of plans for this plane? I would be glad to pay for a copy or a pdf file if available. Thank you for your help or a lead where i could obtain one.

Phil

PM me for my email address

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 18/08/2017 08:31:07

kc18/08/2017 10:10:43
5820 forum posts
167 photos

On your posting in RCgroups you said it's a Ken Binks plan. Changing the heading to that might produce a result.

The Pacemaker plan was once listed as an Xlist plan as  plan number RC509 which seem to indicate an RCME plan.  Therefore it should be amongst the Xlist plans that Traplet took over from RCME etc.

The replies you had did not give the proper info about Traplet. Traplet are in administration and the plans section are expected to be available from Sarik Hobbies sometime soon. So if it was a Radio Modeller or RCME or Xlist  plan it should eventually be available.    The thread about Sarik is here

Edited By kc on 18/08/2017 10:26:42

Edited By kc on 18/08/2017 10:27:32

Hangar 9 nut18/08/2017 20:50:42
243 forum posts
25 photos

Try the UKCAA web site

kc19/08/2017 17:38:39
5820 forum posts
167 photos

Info on another site says that plan number is wrong and that the plan was only available from Ken Binks himself.    There is a bit about this model here

The info in that website suggests the Pacemaker was an enlarged Crescent Tornado.  A kit of the Tornado seems to be availble from Cloud Models if that is of any interest.

It does not seem to be on the UKCAA plans list but many other similar models are

Edited By kc on 19/08/2017 17:45:20

Edited By kc on 19/08/2017 17:59:37

Phil 919/08/2017 17:54:34
4278 forum posts
218 photos

**LINK**

**LINK**

according to some forum posts Steve Dunning has redrawn plans maybe?

Percy Verance19/08/2017 20:37:51
7567 forum posts
145 photos

From memory, I don't think the Crescent Tornado was related to any of Mr Binks designs, but I've been wrong before.

I do recall the Pacemaker appearing way back when, then later the Adagio appeared. Both designs performed well for Ken Binks, but inevitably the young(er) guns crept up on him and the competition wins became fewer. He certainly could fly though. The last I heard he'd switched to model yachting........

Nightflyer20/08/2017 00:32:04
139 forum posts

Phil

Ken has been retired from competitive flying and more into model yachts for some years now. It might be worthwhile contacting the Hastings or Eastbourne MFC's and asking if any of their members might be able to help as he belonged to both clubs for some years. One thing I can say for sure is that the Pacemaker is not based on the Crescent Tornado.

onetenor20/08/2017 02:46:55
1884 forum posts

Try Outerzone or Derek Scott and Hip Pocket Aeronautics.

Jon Robb20/03/2019 21:47:38
24 forum posts
2 photos

I appreciate this is resurrecting an old thread, however incase anyone comes looking for the plan based on the thread title, it may be relevant. I spoke with Ken today on a different matter and he informed me although no longer flying, he still has the master plans for his planes and can supply copies at cost.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Motion RC
CML
Revoc
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us