Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Receiver losing bind with servo use

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Cliff 195928/08/2017 22:10:01
245 forum posts
54 photos

I have a pair of Corona servos (DS339HV)  in a small plane which was running 35meg. I've decided to drop in a Spektrum 2.4 receiver for the finer adjustments possible.

Strange thing happens when I move the rudder servo the receiver momentarily loses bind, then it's ok for a couple of seconds then it loses bind again. If the servo is motionless the elevator servo works flawlessly.

I've tried switching outputs and a different (larger) servo plugged in, it only throws a wobbly with this particular servo, I've even tried another Spektrum receiver with a different spec, same result.

So is it possible for a servo to make the receiver lose bind and if so, what can be done?

Edited By Cliff 1959 on 28/08/2017 22:13:45

Mr.B.28/08/2017 22:14:49
412 forum posts
26 photos

Cliff,

I don't think it is 'losing bind'. If it had it would need to be bound again with the bind plug. I suspect that the servo in question has a fault or the linkage is tight and is drawing high current causing a brown out.

Cliff 195928/08/2017 22:32:45
245 forum posts
54 photos

Thanks, I'll try removing the horn, it's closed loop actually so it could be tightening up a little.

Peter Christy29/08/2017 08:05:28
1518 forum posts

Cliff,

Might also be worth checking the battery under load - you may have either a cell going down or a switch harness going high resistance. I agree with Mr.B's analysis though - it does sound like a volts drop issue, whatever is causing it!

--

Pete

Frank Skilbeck29/08/2017 08:18:37
4430 forum posts
101 photos

We had something similar, turned out one servo was drawing a high current which caused the ESC BEC to trip, cutting out the Rx. Changed the servo and it then worked fine.

Also had the switch problem on another model (not Spekrum) as Peter mentions but in that case moving any servo caused the Rx to drop out (but not before the telemetry had alarmed on low volts)

Cliff 195929/08/2017 09:18:42
245 forum posts
54 photos

I think it must be the servo, disconnected the servo arm this morning and no different, I can wobble the stick and it's fine for a few seconds then it starts blinking and the servo freezes, then a second or two later the led is solid again.

Tried a different battery just in case though.

Frank Skilbeck29/08/2017 13:24:32
4430 forum posts
101 photos

If you have a switch in the circuit, try bypassing that too.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
CML
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us