Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Bullet connectors

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
fly boy310/09/2017 14:48:35
3672 forum posts
22 photos

Hi all I am about to start wiring up electrics to model plane. I need some brass bullet connectors. I would like to stock up some connectors for further use. Max watts I use is about 200watts ever. What dia. Connectors are the norm. Thanks

Dave Bran10/09/2017 15:25:17
1896 forum posts
5 photos

Brass? Most are Gold Plated.

Might I suggest you start from a differing base if you are thinking about battery to plane connections, as the commonest type of connector on battery packs is now XT60 and for low current red JST?

If you are just considering the ESC to Motor connectors, again, look at what is supplied with the motors and ESCs you will be using, usually 3.5 or 4mm in that power range.

PatMc10/09/2017 15:39:58
4385 forum posts
524 photos

Most small to medium size motors are supplied with male 3.5mm bullet connectors already fitted so you will need the female side of these for the ESC unless they also already have them fitted [which isn't so common]. HK don't seem to supply the female 3.5mm bullet connectors without the males but at the price...

fly boy310/09/2017 17:53:26
3672 forum posts
22 photos

Sorry Dave, not enough info given. Yes it's motor to Esc connectors I need. 3.4 to 4mm seems to be in the right ball park too. Life RCG stock them at reesonable price. Would similar size heat shrink be suitable ?. Thanks both.

fly boy310/09/2017 17:53:29
3672 forum posts
22 photos

Sorry Dave, not enough info given. Yes it's motor to Esc connectors I need. 3.4 to 4mm seems to be in the right ball park too. Life rc stock them at reasonable price. Would similar size heat shrink be suitable ?. Thanks both.

Edited By fly boy3 on 10/09/2017 17:55:22

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!