Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

DX8 and AR6210 failsafe

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Chris Walby27/09/2017 21:41:51
926 forum posts
222 photos

I am building a twin electric which has no functioning rudder so thought it would be a good idea to set the ESC's up on different channels (port on thro and starboard on the gear channel) and with a bit of fun have achieved just what I wanted with a mix of rudder until I connected it all up on the test rig.

The problem is that on the failsafe test the thro channel motor stops as it should, but the gear channel stays at last position. I have rebound it now its all set up & thought if you bind with channels set to certain positions during bind then the RX will default on loss of signal?

Any ideas how to get it to do what I want? Thanks chaps

Denis Watkins27/09/2017 21:48:59
3671 forum posts
173 photos

You found it yourself Chris, the speccy failsafe is on the throttle channel

Could you " Y " lead the 2 motors onto the throttle channel

Or " Slave " one motor from the throttle channel

Guys on here control 2 and 4 motors with failsafe on their models

Frank Skilbeck27/09/2017 22:32:28
4382 forum posts
101 photos

Chris, as Denis says the AR6210 only has failsafe on the throttle channel. One solution is to use an external V tail/elevon mixer with inputs from throttle and rudder (or rudder via a mix on the Tx so you can switch rudder input out) and outputs to both ESCs, I did this with my Dx6i and it worked fine.

Steve J28/09/2017 07:29:54
1151 forum posts
38 photos

Chris, Have you tried binding in preset failsafe mode? (Take the bind plug out of the rx after powering it on, but before power up the transmitter.) Quite a few Spektrum receivers have it as an undocumented feature.

Steve

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us