Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

1 Spray Booth

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Flyer04/10/2017 15:47:48
535 forum posts
81 photos

winkspraybooth 2.jpgSome of you may remember by ill fated spraying in the conservatory trying to get the A4 ready for last October's meet. I got lucky, and won a greenhouse for a £1 as the owner wanted shot of it, as long as I could dismantle.

Needless to say, the said greenhouse is now in my garden. Thanks to John at last year's October PSS meet, suggested that I used the greenhouse for a spray booth. Here's the pics.

Thanks John, SWMBO is much happier, and has even allowed me to continue building in the conservatory over the winter.

Result!!

spraybooth 1.jpg

extra slim04/10/2017 15:57:44
448 forum posts
48 photos

Nice work... you seem to have grown a nice golden variety of Jet sloper.. yes can you take a cutting for me??

john stones 104/10/2017 16:15:40
10586 forum posts
1480 photos

Spray it once a month with Tomarite n be careful of Greenfly. sad rose

Andy Meade05/10/2017 08:40:39
2610 forum posts
679 photos

A good solution. A certain John in the PSSA also sprayed an aircraft in his bedroom, inside a tent! I don't think I'd be brave enough for that blush

Edited By Andy Meade on 05/10/2017 08:41:03

Kim Taylor05/10/2017 11:13:14
279 forum posts
53 photos

Ingenious 'up-cycling' of an unwanted greenhouse - full marks for that.yes

However, for the uninitiated, be aware of the need for adequate ventilation, whatever the sprayed medium is.

The atmosphere can quickly become explosive, toxic or both if the air in the 'booth' isn't changed regularly.

Even excessive water based spray 'fog' can lower oxygen levels to a dangerous degree.

I was amazed to read an article in a recent BMFA News, where the contributor described spraying 2K material without any mention of the need for a mask (2K can be VERY nasty stuff)

So, if you've not got positive ventilation, short bursts of spraying with plenty of down time between would be best, and if you're spraying 2K please at least wear a mask with two filter media (not one of those white cardboardy things). Should really be an air fed mask, but that's not going to happen in a hobby environment.

Sorry to be the 'elfin safety' nerd, but I've suffered the effects of exposure to 2K mist, and trust me, it isn't nice!!crook

Kim

eta Andy, I think your PSSA man may be the one I'm referring to!!

Edited By Kim Taylor on 05/10/2017 11:14:32

Flyer05/10/2017 11:24:09
535 forum posts
81 photos

Very good point Kim. I was using a rattle can, just to freshen up the paint, and left the door open. Due to the prevailing wind direction, I do not get much draft coming through. The whole process took about 2 minutes.

I will be looking at 'proper spraying' , and note that Andy Meade was showing how to do it properly, with correct face mask and goggles. Will discuss this further with him on the Orme this weekend with a bit of luck.

All I need to do now is get an airline into the greenhouse.......

Cheers
Ade

Flyer05/10/2017 11:25:36
535 forum posts
81 photos
Posted by extra slim on 04/10/2017 15:57:44:

Nice work... you seem to have grown a nice golden variety of Jet sloper.. yes can you take a cutting for me??

Planted the cutting today for you extra slim; grafted it onto a balsa rootstock....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us