MaL05/10/2017 11:27:14
129 forum posts
13 photos

Interested in using PETG?.....this arrived in my inbox today

**LINK**

Ian Jones05/10/2017 15:12:23
3218 forum posts
1397 photos

I'm doing quite abit of work with PETG at the moment, hope to have something to show for it in the not too distant future. The key thing is to experiment to get the right temperature for a good finish without causing stringing if it's too hot or loss of transparencey if it's too cool.

Have fun with it,

Edited By Ian Jones on 05/10/2017 15:12:51

Robert Armstrong 206/10/2017 13:23:26
232 forum posts
23 photos

I have used PETG from both Technology Outlet and Rigid Ink. The (blue) PETG from TO worked pretty well at the suggested temperatures for extruder and bed. From Rigid Ink i first tried a 10m sample of translucent orange, which worked OK. I bought a 1kg spool of opaque white which has seemed to need different temperatures and hasn't been as good as the sample (for me anyway). PETG seems to need higher retraction setting than PLA or ABS and I am not sure whether Fan ON or OFF is better. My printer does not support partial fan settings.

Good luck.

Ian Jones27/10/2017 00:01:17
3218 forum posts
1397 photos

Glad you mentioned retraction Robert, I thought I had mine high as it was, having been printing with ABS, however I am getting some stringing with PETG so will try more retraction.

Barret zhang26/09/2018 03:34:15
2 forum posts

I have printed with petg for some parts. Actually petg filament is simialr as abs, The temperature is almost the same,220-240 degree. The cool fan should be off if you need good quality. I will relaease setting of printer later.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2018
Airtek Hobbies
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
CML
Revoc
Overlander
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us