Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Super Tigre 50 two stroke fuel

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul Williams10/08/2008 21:20:00
386 forum posts
81 photos

What fuel should I use on this engine? The local model shop guy says straight anybody heard nitro wears the rings and should not be used?

simon barr11/08/2008 09:48:00
1032 forum posts
16 photos

Hello Paul,

Although Tigres will run on straight fuel, I have always used nitro based fuel in mine with no problems...in fact I think they run better. Nitro won't wear the ring, but any fuel left in any engine will rot the bearings as methanol is hydroscopic (it attracts moisture in the air), so, if you can, store your models hanging nose up so that any residue will fall unto the backplate and be blown out the next time you fire up the engine.

Eric Bray11/08/2008 10:40:00
6600 forum posts
2 photos

Nitro won't wear engines out, lack of lubricating oil will!

Nitro, and methanol, as stated, are hygroscopic, and will rust away any steel parts, ie ballraces, if left standing for long periods.

After-run oil is recommended for after each day's flying. Run the engine up to full temperature, shut off the fuel from the tank, wait until the engine stops, then dribble a light machine oil, or proprietary after-run, into the carb, and work it through the bearings and into the cylinder, by flipping the engine over compression, with the plug DISCONNECTED!! Just in case a few drops of fuel decide to fire up and separate you from your fingers!

Myron Beaumont11/08/2008 17:05:00
5797 forum posts
51 photos

Eric   I remember putting a few drops of Castrol R in my Frog 249  Sorry ! Wrong thread AGAIN  Don't suppose any one remembers the smell of it !!

Paul Williams11/08/2008 21:27:00
386 forum posts
81 photos
remember it well my friend, fond memories of motocross racing when me bones were made  of rubber and nothing mattered because dad paid for it. Take me back.
260 Flyer11/08/2008 23:58:00
523 forum posts
1 photos
Myron Beaumont wrote (see)

Don't suppose any one remembers the smell of it !!

BREAD PUDDING!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us