Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Sprite build

Nose former

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Olav Sivertsen 203/01/2018 19:32:53
8 forum posts

Hi.Having almost completed the Sprite balsa model published in the Special Issue 2017 RCM&E mag,I think there is a problem with the dimensions of F1 motor bulkhead.Having made it to the size printed on the plan and fitted it to the fuselage I found that when fitting the motor the thrust line appears to be 6 mm below what is indicated on the plan.The photos of the build shows that F1 appears to extend above the fuselage sides but the dimensions on the drawing for F1 prevents that.

However I am questioning what effect the thrust line being below what is shown on the drawing will have on this model. I am reluctant to do major surgery around the nose to correct this problem.

olav sivertsen 104/01/2018 15:33:06
3 forum posts

Reference to my previous post.Problem solved by-making a new F1 bulkhead out of 1/6th ply to the dimensions on the plan side of the fuselage,incorporating the shape of F1a.Re drilled all holes for mounting motor-and glued the new former to the original. Saved chopping off front end etc.Hope this might help if anyone else found this a “problem”!

Tim Hooper05/01/2018 21:25:25
2914 forum posts
2412 photos

Thanks for the solution, Olav!

I no longer have my original hand-drawn plan to refer to, but it's possible the discrepancy is my own drafting fault!

Tim

Olav Sivertsen 205/01/2018 22:10:58
8 forum posts

Hi Tim,Sorry It wasn’t a criticism,just an observation which I thought might help anyone else building this model.I know how difficult it is when trying to put a sketch into a plan,you can check and check again but still miss something.Anyway,it’s almost finished and hope to maiden when this blessed windy weather abates. WIll let you know how it goes.

Best regards,

Olav

Paulo Peres26/09/2020 23:08:43
140 forum posts
149 photos

Hello all,

Just to let you know that i've started building a Sprite too. Here's the beginning. F1 and doublers are missing in the photo, but they are made by now, as well as most of Sprite progress - 2020-09-22 at 17.28.33.jpegthe left wing. So far, only wood from the scrap box has been used!smiley

Servos are sourced and the rest of the electronics were ordered. I'll keep you posted and perhaps the occasional nagging question may show up.

Regards,

Paulo

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!