Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Unitracts

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Concorde Speedbird24/01/2018 19:26:09
2717 forum posts
631 photos

Has anyone used Unitracts recently? I cannot for the life of me get hold of them by phone or e-mail, having tried several times. Are they still distributing?

Thanks,

Jacob

Jon - Laser Engines24/01/2018 22:56:24
4722 forum posts
174 photos

i gave up on them long ago

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator27/01/2018 00:02:28
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

I think that the chap that ran Unitracts and did all the manufacturing (can't remember his name I'm afraid) retired and, as it was basically a "one-man" company, it simply closed. I could be wrong,...but that is my recollection, it was a couple of years ago now.

BEB

PS - I've just checked the website, although it is still operational there appear to have been no updates since 2015 - which matches well with the time I seem to remember them closing?

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/01/2018 00:06:29

Craig Carr27/01/2018 08:13:10
665 forum posts
430 photos
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/01/2018 00:02:28:

I think that the chap that ran Unitracts and did all the manufacturing (can't remember his name I'm afraid) retired and, as it was basically a "one-man" company, it simply closed. I could be wrong,...

It was Tony Goodger, it’s a shame as I have had a couple of his units before he retired and they were top notch quality.

Jon - Laser Engines27/01/2018 10:43:04
4722 forum posts
174 photos

Tony sold up to someone else who currently runs it. My understanding is that they do still produce things but its very much as and when they fancy it. its a similar situation to flair from what I have been told

Concorde Speedbird27/01/2018 14:34:34
2717 forum posts
631 photos

It doesn't sound promising, feels like they don't want the business. It's a shame since they make some great stuff for the BT plans.

This creates a quandary for the Mustang, might have to try and make the retracts Taylor shows on the plan.

Thanks for your help.

Tomtom3911/04/2019 13:23:16
681 forum posts
1 photos

I have been trying to contact John Hope who, I assume is the new owner. I have sent messages via their website and left voicemails on both the mobiles shown on the site. Nothing to date. Has anyone else spoken to them in the last few weeks?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us