Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Lidl Sander

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Glyn4408/02/2018 16:50:27
670 forum posts
90 photos

Ah, thank you Simon, it’s obvious when you know. I’ve checked the 3 lidle ones, all ok. Thanks for the info.

Devcon108/02/2018 18:13:43
1243 forum posts
368 photos

Not wanting to teach grandma to suck eggs, but when sticking the sanding disc on I use the same technique as I do at work and wet the two surfaces with a damp cloth with a hint of Fairy prior to placement and alignment then let it dry.

Martian08/02/2018 18:46:19
1895 forum posts
910 photos

Made a visit to Lidl to get a sander and came out with a sander,soldering station,square set and pillar drill that sorted out £100 ,by the way the nut dropping out is not a fault it just drops into a slot slip up with design but as has already been pointed out it can be glued in place then the sander on its back remove the four Phillips screws and carefully separate the two halves taking care to keep the circuit board in place lift motor out of cradle to get better access retrieve the nut and drop back in place check alignment then drop a couple of drops of medium ca wait till it's gone off then carefully reassemble . All done . May well do it it's going to call out sooner or later. One NOTE OF CAUTION do not plug in until complete,

Handyman08/02/2018 18:48:21
186 forum posts
1 photos

Quite honestly,I have never had any problem getting the discs to stick on concentrically. I always remove the sanding table and get rid of the accumulated dust first, with the Wife's little mini hoover. Its amazing just how much sawdust gets around the sanding plate. I just then peel half of the backing away so that I can line up with one half of the spinning disk, the rest just lines itself up and no waiting time.

trebor08/02/2018 19:00:15
1713 forum posts
212 photos

Is there a easy way to get the old sanding disks off to replace them ?

Devcon108/02/2018 19:08:42
1243 forum posts
368 photos

I guess for a smaller one perhaps overkill to use the wet method, we've a 500mm dia sander at work and it prevents having to remove the table to try and dry fit a disc whilst getting it aligned.

When I remove an old one I peel off a reasonable amount with the machine isolated then with an old plane blade scrape off the rest while the sander is running.

trebor08/02/2018 19:20:35
1713 forum posts
212 photos

When the time comes I might try warming the glue with the other half's hair dryer.

Brian Hammond08/02/2018 20:25:59
215 forum posts

The captive nut in mine was wandering about but it,s only a 10 minute job to secure it with a pair of long noes pliers and a spot of glue.

Martin McIntosh08/02/2018 20:45:11
2485 forum posts
947 photos

Even though I have the Clarks machine I bought one anyway because if I had not then it would be sod`s law that the old one would soon pack up. At least the table is much more solid on this.

Flyer08/02/2018 20:48:15
439 forum posts
57 photos

Finished work at 6.15; popped into local store (Haverfordwest). Plenty still there. So no excuse now to commence building this weekend.

Looks ideal for balsa/ thin ply.

Ade

Ron Gray08/02/2018 20:58:26
924 forum posts
231 photos

Used mine to form some nice rounded corners on some 10mm ply, easy and rather good but a lot of dust flying around. Must connect to vacuum next time!

Focae08/02/2018 21:05:59
37 forum posts

Suction port on mine is excellent....no dust at all when connected to vacuum

Focae08/02/2018 21:08:10
37 forum posts

I am so impressed I may have to get another....one for coarse, one for finelaugh

Erfolg08/02/2018 22:48:59
10929 forum posts
1042 photos

I am really pleased that I have returned to the thread. I bought a sander this morning, and yes, the nut has come loose, certainly no sign of it.

I will remove the four screws mentioned and find the pesky nut and hopefully be in a position to fix it in place permanently.

In the past, I decided to purchase a lipo electric drill/screwdriver from Lidl ithink, Parkside anyway. To-date it is the best buy of its type I have made. It outperforms a Black & Becker and Bosch that had failed me. A step change in performance, from the rest.

Keep the recommendations coming.

I bought the Bau Universal Thinners as well, another most useful buy.

i12fly09/02/2018 00:32:08
506 forum posts
21 photos

Well Geoff thank you for leaving one for me. I couldn't get to Ripley until 5.30.... laugh

There were just 3 left after I got one.

I was tempted by the '20V' lithium battery drills at £16 but I'd forgotten to recharge my wallet before going crying

onetenor09/02/2018 01:19:42
1718 forum posts

An easy way to shift a worn disc is to peel an edge then trickle a small amount of thinner behind it .The. Bau universal is ideal This softens the adhesive and allows easy removal.Remaining adhesive can if required be removed by rubbing with a cloth dampened with thinners.

Charles Smitheman09/02/2018 07:58:09
202 forum posts
17 photos

Have to say thanks to you all for the heads up on this one. I snuck off work and got one yesterday. Plenty at the Gap RD Wimbledon branch. It looks very good.for the price. No more excuses now to get building.

I also got the jiggly cut into the corners thingy (general purpose cutter sander?) which looks great. With a fine blade it should have model building applications too. I was thinking perhaps for removing a skew fin perhaps. surprise

Simon Feather09/02/2018 10:18:36
200 forum posts
160 photos

Here's another top tip for this device.

If like me you use a Dyson vacuum cleaner, you'll find that the vacuum cleaner attachment for the sander doesn't fit... it comes with a 2 stage adaptor, but neither stage will fit either of my Dysons...

This is very easily fixed, with a short offcut of 32mm plastic waste pipe, as illustrated below! I now have a very strong connection between vacuum cleaner and sander.

dsc_2237.jpg

Geoff Sleath09/02/2018 10:48:02
2720 forum posts
199 photos
Posted by i12fly on 09/02/2018 00:32:08:

Well Geoff thank you for leaving one for me. I couldn't get to Ripley until 5.30.... laugh

There were just 3 left after I got one.

I was tempted by the '20V' lithium battery drills at £16 but I'd forgotten to recharge my wallet before going crying

You're welcome

I did think about the detail sander but only briefly. However, Avice is off swimming right now but she threatened to go to Lidl afterwards and buy one for herself - which means I'll have one too

Geoff

Erfolg09/02/2018 11:35:16
10929 forum posts
1042 photos

The nut on my sander had more than come loose. Taking the sander apart. There was no sign of a nut, as if it was never there.

That note of just 4 self tappers provide, the confidence to take it apart. It is so easy, in that the internals are so very well arranged, in a motor, and one board.

I did contemplate taking it back, considering the time, etc. I decided I would first try a hex nut. I thought it was either a M5 or 6. It appeared to be neither. Whereas a 0BA brass thin nut seems perfect. The only issue is that it was slightly wider than the slot into which it is meant to be located. A few minutes with a file had a good transition/slight interference fit. Which is great, as it will not just drop out of the slot.

I tried the sander, and found that it is turbine smooth. Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
Wings & Wheels 2018
Airtek Hobbies
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Overlander
Motion RC
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues