By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

help required ubec

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
mike hopkins01/02/2018 18:38:21
4 forum posts

hi all I have built a wots wot xl very fiddly installing tank ect upside down lol, my question is I have a turnigy ubec 7.5 and want to run a lipo through it to supply my receiver and a 3000 ma 2 cell lipo to power it the ubec sais 8v - 42v 3 cell to 10 cell can I run my 2 cell through it ?? sorry I have a dle 35 ra installed and a lipo to run ignition through an opto kill switch

thanks

flight101/02/2018 19:35:57
721 forum posts
36 photos

No said plainly, as it says on the tin 3 cell to 10 cell lipo would be good, either use a 3 cell lipo or get a ubec that can have 2 cell input and 5v dc /5Amp output

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator01/02/2018 23:00:00
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

I agree. At full charge you might be OK for a short while, but as the 2s battery falls off the ubec will start to see a lower voltage. Eventually its extremely likely that the ubec will invoke any low-voltage system it has as it will think that the 2s is in fact a very run down 3s! This will shut thigs down - not a good situation!

So, you've spent all this dosh on a nice aeroplane, a great engine etc. etc. - don't spoil the ship for a 'appeth of tar - buy a 3s battery!

BEB

Gordon Tarling02/02/2018 12:18:46
237 forum posts
4 photos

Any UBEC worth its salt will continue to supply an output up to the point of the input dying completely. Output voltage will always be lower than input voltage and if you're not using the correct number of cells on the input, you may lose some protective aspects of the device. As the others said, either use a different UBEC or a 3s battery.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!